2016 Titans Report Dynasty League

Cyrus

4 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

How does it give an advantage? Unless obvious collusion is involved every single player can trade away high future picks for an over the hill stud. That's the whole premise of a dynasty league vs. a keeper league. If you sell out in either direction you better be damn sure you nail it.

If a team just unloaded someone in the middle of the playoffs it would piss me off but otherwise whats the difference between week 9/10 and week 12 in the grand scheme of things. My notion is that until all playoff spots are locked, why bother with a deadline.... You actually hurt the terrible teams too.

Last year the league was so close in terms of who made the playoffs people weren't willing to as easily but if someone is knocked out of the league by week 8, how is it any different? If anything it gives them an unfair advantage because they are in unload mode before anyone else and could actually be the only one who would be able to deal by week 9.

Edit: An earlier deadline would also encourage tanking since you would have to be completely out of contention early to make a bold rebuild move essentially

Wouldn't an earlier deadline discourage tanking since you would have to be completely out of contention early enough to tank?

It can potentially give a huge advantage to the one (or two) teams who are able to acquire a stud player.  I understand what you are saying, I just don't like it.  I prefer realism.

Don't you think it would be silly if the Vikings traded Adrian Peterson to the Patriots in week 16 or even week 18?

It throws off the competitive balance of the league.  It rewards "selling out" as opposed to building something.  It will eventually turn the league into everyone making impacting trades right before the playoffs.

When you set a trade deadline at least a few weeks ahead of the playoffs, that usually discourages dumping and tanking because most teams are still in the hunt (or think they are).

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it true @CMJ is 0-3 only two weeks into the season?

And by the way, let's not pretend that Oldschool isn't trading his picks because he's totally unprepared and lazy!

I was thinking it would be easier for Cyrus to run this league now that he only has one team instead of two.

Posted Images

I've always been a fan of managers going through the playoffs with (generally) the team that got them there. I don't know where the line is best set and much of it depends on the mangers and league (neither of which I'm familiar with thus far) but I'd support a deadline two weeks or so before the playoffs.

Probably will wait until it becomes an issue before changing it.

In theory I'm OK with dumping a player late in the season if it means they might tangibly improve their future. If a team is has cinched a playoff spot then that probably means the pick is late first at best so while it's valuable, it's not typically so value that we get a pure draft pick for player situation. That means the playoff team is having to trade away a player.

The only thing I know I don't want is eliminated teams trading to active teams during the playoffs. And sometimes an injury might dictate a trade - I don't want a team to be unable to trade for a solid starter just because someone went down late. 

I have to imagine it almost became an issue last season when I got Adrian Peterson right before the playoffs.  I'm guessing some people weren't too happy about it and to be honest, I felt bad about making the trade even though it made sense for both teams from a long term perspective.  But I made the deal because i'm certainly going to take advantage of the rules as they exist, even if I think that rule could be tweaked.

I wouldn't call them filler.  They were two young guys with some upside, which is important to have in this league.  Not everyone can get Devonta Freeman off waivers.

11 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I wouldn't call them filler.  They were two young guys with some upside, which is important to have in this league.  Not everyone can get Devonta Freeman off waivers.

Exactly. You trade for upside before the person hits

6 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

I've always been a fan of managers going through the playoffs with (generally) the team that got them there.

Me too.  It's just more realistic that way.

In one of my leagues, we not only have a trade deadline but we also "lock" rosters once the playoffs begin to prevent teams from using the waiver wire to pickup guys with favorable matchups.

In response to a PM:

Yes, I would consider trading Gurley. I don't know what it would take and I'm probably psychologically inclined to keep him since I felt lucky to get him... but anything I own is on the table, including Gurley. Feel free to offer away.