Player Slot Review

charleytolar

13 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Both y'all are wrong. 

Zach Brown was FA. We didn't cut him. 

It was obvious we went to OSU pro day to evaluate Miller and Thomas. 

No one else. 

The point is that we lost an intended starter (whether we cut him or let him go, it doesn't really matter -- it's all the same, he's gone) and only signed a 2nd or 3rd tier FA and an off-season cut to replace him so it is not beyond the pale that we would contemplate a replacement in the first round. The other LB complaint is that we have no sure depth behind the oft-injured Morgan and Orakpo. The main depth coming from a guy who got injured last year and missed a lot of the season-- Mount.

How was it obvious that we only went to see Miller and Thomas? We didn't take a WR until Round Five and both Miller and Thomas were always Round 2-3 grades. Some suggested Thomas as a late 1 possibility.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is pure gold!

Missed the whole point.  No one gives a shit about where you slotted versus where they went.  Some of these guys could have gone three rounds earlier or three rounds later based on who was drafting th

What's the point of this thread?  I clicked on it thinking it was about the Titans' draft picks.  Then it turned out to be about someone's shitty mock.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, charleytolar said:

The point is that we lost an intended starter (whether we cut him or let him go, it doesn't really matter -- it's all the same, he's gone) and only signed a 2nd or 3rd tier FA and an off-season cut to replace him so it is not beyond the pale that we would contemplate a replacement in the first round. The other LB complaint is that we have no sure depth behind the oft-injured Morgan and Orakpo. The main depth coming from a guy who got injured last year and missed a lot of the season-- Mount.

How was it obvious that we only went to see Miller and Thomas? We didn't take a WR until Round Five and both Miller and Thomas were always Round 2-3 grades. Some suggested Thomas as a late 1 possibility.

Mularkey loved Miller. 

Also if Spence who replaced Brown is a third tier starter then Brown is like. Tier 5

Brown wasn't even a starter btw

12 minutes ago, Kyle021 said:

Mularkey loved Miller. 

Also if Spence who replaced Brown is a third tier starter then Brown is like. Tier 5

Brown wasn't even a starter btw

I'm not denying that Mularkey loved Miller, but we didn't draft him or any other WR for that matter until Round Five.

My point about Spence and the other guy is that we still haven't made a significant upgrade to the position, thereby making the OSU linerbacker a possibility, especially since we reportedly interviewed him

Starter or not, he played a lot. Brown was the fourth-leading tackler on the team behind Williamson, Griffin and Woodyard.

16 hours ago, Kyle021 said:

Both y'all are wrong. 

Zach Brown was FA. We didn't cut him. 

It was obvious we went to OSU pro day to evaluate Miller and Thomas. 

No one else. 

There were 5 or 6 guys i'm sure they looked at.  Eli Apple, Joey Bosa, Elliott, Powell, Perry, Thomas and yea probably even Lee.

Just being there and taking a look at those guys doesn't mean they ever had any realistic interest in drafting them though which is the point I was making.

Brown was a FA, who we showed very early last year that we had no intentions of resigning.  Another wasted draft pick from Webster.

57 minutes ago, charleytolar said:

I'm not denying that Mularkey loved Miller, but we didn't draft him or any other WR for that matter until Round Five.

My point about Spence and the other guy is that we still haven't made a significant upgrade to the position, thereby making the OSU linerbacker a possibility, especially since we reportedly interviewed him

Starter or not, he played a lot. Brown was the fourth-leading tackler on the team behind Williamson, Griffin and Woodyard.

We weren't drafting Lee after signing Spence. Who is a significant upgrade to Brown. 

Lee was never in the equation over a top tier OT, OLB, DE, NT which is exactly what was drafted instead

1 hour ago, Kyle021 said:

We weren't drafting Lee after signing Spence. Who is a significant upgrade to Brown. 

Lee was never in the equation over a top tier OT, OLB, DE, NT which is exactly what was drafted instead

Spence was the 13th ranked tackler on the Steelers with 37 Total Tackles-- ranking no better than 4th among the linebackers (a few more "unknown" Steeler players are ranked higher but I don't know what position they play, i.e. DL or DB...). I hope you are right about the strong upgrade that this guy offers.  I wish they would put stats like this in some kind of context, like how many snaps they played. Otherwise it is hard to know the value.

• 11 months later...
On 5/6/2016 at 11:03 AM, charleytolar said:

Being a howling obstructionist for your own fun is a waste of everyone's time-- especially that of the howling obstructionist. If you don't like it and can't participate constructively, please just stay out of it and go on  your merry way!

PS -- for the first time in my life I've put some of you Users on my Ignore List. 

I thought you didn't ignore people?

Just now, Dmeade- said:

I thought you didn't ignore people?

Did your fantastic analytical mind miss that that was about a year ago. I put some of those folks on IGNORE for about six months and quietly brought them back on board. I'd rather they put me on IGNORE because I want to read every FOOTBALL opinion but not the rest of that crap.