Halftime Controversy

wiscotitansfan

Well so much for hiring Coldplay because there was going to be no controversy. They got so much outrage over having such a boring performer they went and got a few more people to appeal to more people. Sure enough, controversy ensued.

I can't imagine who they are going to hire going forward. Adele every year?!?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOL @ this thread! Why can't 6 girls wear shirts that spell out the N word? ha ha ha I had no idea Beyonce was sending any kind of Black Panther message until I saw all the people with rebel

Whoever provided those scholarships decided people who wear a racial slur on their person didn't deserve that scholarship anymore.  That has nothing to do with freedom of speech. 

I heard the attire was a re-vamped version of Michael Jacksons outfit when he did the superbowl.

I thought the halftime show was just fine...but I don't expect much from it anyway.  If I was an artist I wouldn't go near it.  It's cheesy from the get go.  

3 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

I heard the attire was a re-vamped version of Michael Jacksons outfit when he did the superbowl.

I thought the halftime show was just fine...but I don't expect much from it anyway.  If I was an artist I wouldn't go near it.  It's cheesy from the get go.  

Hers was, the backup dancers was an obvious homage to the Black Panthers I believe

1 minute ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Hers was, the backup dancers was an obvious homage to the Black Panthers I believe

It's the 50 year anniversary of the Black Panthers and it's black history month. It shouldn't be a big deal.... I've heard people say she was inciting violence against the police, but that wasn't the message at all... Just closet racists trying to start something...

1 minute ago, 10 A See said:

It's the 50 year anniversary of the Black Panthers and it's black history month. It shouldn't be a big deal.... I've heard people say she was inciting violence against the police, but that wasn't the message at all... Just closet racists trying to start something...

Agree 100%. The only ground that protesters have is the NFL shouldn't associate itself with a group that fought violence with violence.

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2016/02/08/von-miller-super-bowl-50-denver-broncos-nfl-takeaways

by Robert Mays

5a. I’m glad they didn’t this year, but Metallica should play the halftime show. OK, I lied. I had six takeaways. On Saturday night, I got the chance to see Metallica put on a blistering set for two hours and change at AT&T Park. The tagline for the show was “Too Heavy For Halftime,” a nod to the NFL choosing Gwyneth Paltrow’s English ex-husband over a Bay Area band that’s sold 55 million records in the past quarter century. For Metallica fans, it was actually a blessing. I got a full set complete with an actual fireworks show, and I currently sound like I’ve eaten nothing but cigarettes and gravel for a week.

mmqb-metallica-ticket.jpg
Photo: Robert Mays/The MMQB

But here’s the thing—Metallica should play the halftime show. Between breaks in action during the second half, the Levi’s Stadium D.J. played not one but twoMetallica songs. “Seek and Destroy” preceded the second half kickoff, and “For Whom The Bell Tolls” came the very next quarter. NFL stadiums aren’t playing “Clocks” during timeouts.

It goes beyond filling time, too. “Sad But True” soundtracked the Seahawks’ intro video before their Super Bowl win. Virginia Tech famously cranks “Enter Sandman” as they take the field. Metallica and football just fit. And for people worried about the broad appeal, I don’t know what to tell you. Your mom has never heard “Fix You,” and if you want to take a minute to look up the best-selling album of the SoundScan era, I’ll wait. Really, I will.

There you go. It’s not Taylor Swift. It’s not Adele. It’s the dudes who play “Master of Puppets.” Do the right thing, football.