Cincy Bleeding Players FA

SleepingTitan

Pacman, Leon Hall, Reggie Nelson, Andre Smith, Marvin Jones, George Iloka.

Looks like Only Iloka will get tagged. The other guys will either take a pay cut, move on, or both.

This is a great chance to get a Right Tackle and add some vets to the secondary. 

Thoughts? Other teams like Denver will also be bleeding despite SB $$$$$$$$$$

I was gonna say Broncos and Chiefs too.  

No way they can all keep all of these FA from hitting the market.  It would play even more in our favor if the NFL wasn't raising the salary cap again.  I don't even know why teams worry about the salary cap anymore.  

Smith is buyer beware for me. A lot of weight and conditioning issues. Bengals by drafting the 2 OT this year suggests to me they don't trust him with a long term contract. If he's struggling to stay in shape while playing for a contract, getting the big contract and expecting him to stay in shape seems risky.

Nelson had 8 ints last year. Leon Hall with injuries still got 44 tackles 2 picks. 

24 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I was gonna say Broncos and Chiefs too.  

No way they can all keep all of these FA from hitting the market.  It would play even more in our favor if the NFL wasn't raising the salary cap again.  I don't even know why teams worry about the salary cap anymore.  

The entire Chiefs Secondary may be gutted if they keep Berry. 3 cbs 3 safeties (including Berry) will be UFA 2016 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/kansas-city-chiefs/secondary/

41 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Nelson had 8 ints last year. Leon Hall with injuries still got 44 tackles 2 picks. 

The entire Chiefs Secondary may be gutted if they keep Berry. 3 cbs 3 safeties (including Berry) will be UFA 2016 http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/kansas-city-chiefs/secondary/

I think Sean  Smith would be a great signing. We could use him at CB if needed but he also has the size and experience to play safety. As he gets older and less athletic, I could see him making a Woodson like transition.

38 minutes ago, KnoxTitan said:

I'd target Schwartz, and then Smith.

I'm not crazy about handing Smith a truck full of cash, but if you can't get Schwartz, the only other alternative to keeping our QB upright is Tunsil, and no one wants to do that.

There will be other alternatives beyond taking Tunsil with the 1st pick. 

9 minutes ago, Bobo said:

There will be other alternatives beyond taking Tunsil with the 1st pick. 

None that will be all that appealing if we want to keep our QB in the game. RT is the biggest hole on the team. If you can't fill it with a top free agent, then taking the BPA who also happens to be a tackle is the best move.

3 minutes ago, KnoxTitan said:

None that will be all that appealing if we want to keep our QB in the game. RT is the biggest hole on the team. If you can't fill it with a top free agent, then taking the BPA who also happens to be a tackle is the best move.

How are QB's year after year staying in games w/o top FA's or draft picks at OT? How do most of the best teams have average or even below average OT's? No need to exagerate the issue. Throwing your most valuable resources at a player isn't the only answer. 

8 minutes ago, Bobo said:

How are QB's year after year staying in games w/o top FA's or draft picks at OT? How do most of the best teams have average or even below average OT's? No need to exagerate the issue. Throwing your most valuable resources at a player isn't the only answer. 

No it isn't.  Hopefully replacing the scheme and the shitty O-Line coach helps too.  But I still don't think that's going to turn Poutasi into and NFL level O-Tackle.

Just now, Bobo said:

I'd take an average RT. I'd probably even take a below average one. We don't even have that.

There's only X number of players available to be acquired that we can put there next offseason. Peruse the free agent list. Check out the likely draftees. There ain't that many good options that don't involve maybe 2-3 free agents and Tunsil.

We finally have a franchise QB, one that was injured multiple times in his rookie year, and when it comes to protecting him, people are like "Meh, whatever, something will come up sooner or later, Lets take a Safety!!!!!".

27 minutes ago, KnoxTitan said:

Hey, Shonuff... you need to listen to Bruce LeeRoy here. Tunsil is NOT bpa.

6 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Hey, Shonuff... you need to listen to Bruce LeeRoy here. Tunsil is NOT bpa.

Well, well, well. If it ain't the serious, elusive Leroy Green. I've been waiting a long time for this, Leroy. I am sick of hearing these bullshit Superman stories about the - Wassah! - legendary Bruce Leroy catching bullets with his teeth. Catches bullets with his teeth? Nigga please.

(BP in the draft is either Bosa or Tunsil).

5 minutes ago, KnoxTitan said:

Well, well, well. If it ain't the serious, elusive Leroy Green. I've been waiting a long time for this, Leroy. I am sick of hearing these bullshit Superman stories about the - Wassah! - legendary Bruce Leroy catching bullets with his teeth. Catches bullets with his teeth? Nigga please.

(BP in the draft is either Bosa or Tunsil).

The secret awaits eyes unclouded by ambition.

Those who are bound by desire see only that which can be held in their hands.

Tunsil is only held in ones hands, but it is Bosa (or Ramsey or Elliot or Jack or...) who holds the keys to the future.

Archived