Welcome to Titans Report

We noticed that you are viewing as a guest. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! Best of all, members never see ads on the forum! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jamalisms

Maronne Perspective

31 posts in this topic

Listen to the audio of the below link from 53:00 up until they go to twitter for questions.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/07/dunne-with-graham-doug-whaleys-extension-rex-ryans-defense/

Also, read the below article. From what I understand, this article #1 is accurate and #2 is rumored to have factored into why the Jets didn't give Marrone their job last year:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-candidate-marrone-not-well-liked-bills-article-1.2064861

Mawae  was on the radio yesterday, and he said Marrone would nail the interview, said the man has his stuff together. 

3 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Mawae  was on the radio yesterday, and he said Marrone would nail finterview, said the man has his stuff together. 

Speaking of Mawae, is he coaching at all. Would be a nice OL coach maybe? At least help our centers out.

titanruss, Justafan and eastwood like this

15 minutes ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Mawae  was on the radio yesterday, and he said Marrone would nail the interview, said the man has his stuff together. 

How's that compare with the links I posted?

Certainly concerning.  Obsessing over the local media reporting is dumb. 

1. Marrone sounds pretty thin skinned but the reporter also was trying to be cute with semantics about whether he called him a liar or not. 
  2. Like some of the other candidates who crashed and burned, the real question is whether they learned from it to make them a better coach.  Note this would apply to others such as Chip Kelly, Josh McDaniels, Hue Jackson, etc.

Hell, I'd hire him just to watch him and PK go at it.

52 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Speaking of Mawae, is he coaching at all. Would be a nice OL coach maybe? At least help our centers out.

Mawae said if Marrone was hired as Titans HC, that he would come back to Nashville and coach oline for him, that's how much he respects him.

1 minute ago, SuperFreak90 said:

Mawae said if Marrone was hired as Titans  HC, that he  would come back to Nashville and coach oline for him, that's how much he respects him.

Thats legit, he really said that? Wouldnt make me want to sign Marrone right away, but i think that could be promising.

SuperFreak90 likes this

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Has to be better than Bostad.

TitanDuckFan likes this

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Listen to the audio of the below link from 53:00 up until they go to twitter for questions.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2016/01/07/dunne-with-graham-doug-whaleys-extension-rex-ryans-defense/

Also, read the below article. From what I understand, this article #1 is accurate and #2 is rumored to have factored into why the Jets didn't give Marrone their job last year:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-jets-candidate-marrone-not-well-liked-bills-article-1.2064861

Jamal I live in NJ & after Marrone ditched the Bills it was considered almost a given that the Jets would hire him. He did a very good job in 2014 & this was considered a big loss for the Bills. It was shocking. Apparently FO people love him & think he's great but right after the Jet interview reports started coming out that he was off putting in the interview. I'm convinced, and there are reports of this, that he was kind of blackballed last year for getting out of that contract.

Which is bullshit BTW. He protected himself. He signed on with the Bills when it was obvious they'd be up for sale soon & he negotiated a nice buy out clause if that happened. A new owner is never a good thing, he may give you a year or two but you'll never feel like "his guy". Hell, Terry Pegula is already getting advice from Bill Polian. The bottom line is he did exactly what everybody else in every arena does, looked out for himself.

A few players said they didn't like him & yes, he can be grumpy. He also doesn't like the media, like most good coaches. Who cares. The bottom line is the team performed well under him & there was a clear regression in play under Rex, despite adding a much better QB & CB.

I think if it were strictly up to FO people, he would've been hired the second he got out of the Buffalo deal.