TreMcBride Signed from PS

SleepingTitan

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not with you. But at least let him a try on our miserable kick return unit.

I hope he doesn't make a liar out of me. I said earlier this year that he will be our leading receiver in 2016, absolutely crushing DGB. Who's coming with me?

My question is this... What is the board going to do if McBride our 7th round pick, has a big game Thursday, and DGB continues to do the same shit? What a weird turn of events that would be

29 minutes ago, chef said:

If he can manage to do better than bobble/fumble every other kick, and either just sit on it in the EZ or get to the 18 on average, that's an improvement.

I like Dexter but those KORs this past Sunday were brutal.

Yeah it wouldn't take much for an improvement. Dex works better at punts with his quickness, but lack of top end speed hurts on kickoffs. McBride didn't look hot there in preseason, so it feels like nothing to lose but nothing really expected to be gained.

1 hour ago, chef said:

If he can manage to do better than bobble/fumble every other kick, and either just sit on it in the EZ or get to the 18 on average, that's an improvement.

I like Dexter but those KORs this past Sunday were brutal.

He missed a nice open seam to the right on a kickoff and ran right into the middle of the coverage logjam. No vision whatsoever. Maybe because he's so short, IDK.

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

Yeah, I've posted 2 WR free agent topics that never gained traction. This before we had our injuries. WRs like CBS don't grow on trees. Most squads have a plethora of talent to draw from. We have some scrubs, rookies, and 3rd string guys we picked up from other teams. Not sure what Webster n Whiz were thinking on 4 wide outs and 5 te. I still don't get Fowler either. 

Which is it? Are they rare or do most squads have a plethora? You seem to be blaming Webster for not having more WR talent while also saying it's rare. So which one?

7 minutes ago, nine said:

I'd probably be more hopeful about McBride if he had managed to register a catch against an opposing team's scrubs in preseason.

could be reaching...but they might of been hiding him do they could get him onto the practice squad

33 minutes ago, mariota's boo said:

could be reaching...but they might of been hiding him do they could get him onto the practice squad

"Hiding a player" is one of those things that sounds great in theory... but in reality, it'sreally just a figment of fans' overactive imaginations.

Has anyone ever seen a single example of a team "hiding" a player and denying him reps in preseason so they could sneak him onto their practice squad so he could be productive later?   I'm not just talking about the Titans....has this ever happened with any team at all?  Ever?

If a team was so convinced of a player's ability that they felt it necessary to hide him....it seems to me they'd just go ahead and put him on the active roster and find someone else to cut loose.