Titans Dorial Green-Beckham taken into custody for unpaid speeding ticket

MidTNTitansFan

Yeah, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. 

Exacty. Remember how it started off with VY, Pac, and Britt? Bunch of little things that "weren't a big deal". And the acts themselves aren't a big deal, it's who did it. If it was somebody like Michael Roos or Jason McCourty, you know, somebody with some equity & a track record of responsibility, Id have a much easier time writing it off as a one time "no big deal". DGB? Not as much.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What's funny is no one is really making a big deal of this.  Some are just pointing out this small incident could be an unfortunate sign of bigger things to come.  The only posters who are "flying of

While an unpaid ticket is not a serious situation, stuff like this shows the guy is irresponsible, disrespectful of authority, and does not believe he should be held accountable for his actions. Idea

Or it shows that he's young and doesn't yet understand how repercussions work.

What's funny is no one is really making a big deal of this.  Some are just pointing out this small incident could be an unfortunate sign of bigger things to come. 

The only posters who are "flying off the handle" are the homers sprinting to defend the guy and make up excuses for him. 

I was all for drafting DGB, I felt he was worth the risk, he's a specimen & his 2 TD's showed what he is capable of. You just don't find this kind of guy in the 2nd rd.

That said, he apparently doesn't know the playbook yet & he's already been arrested. Yes, it's a minor arrest. But still, it's a constant with this guy. Meanwhile, there's a bunch of very good, solid 2nd rd defensive players that are starting every week.

Wow is a big deal really being made out of a speeding ticket? He was young and dumb in college and probably forgot. I am sure being drafted into the NFL and the lifestyle that brings a speeding ticket could have easily slipped his mind. 

As far as that is how Britt started. Seriously? So anyone who forgets to pay a ticket we can already assume 7 arrests will follow shortly after? That is fucking crazy. Lol 

Let the young guy actually do something wrong that hurts the team before you lose your shit over nothing. I've heard nothing but positives about DGB and until he proves otherwise he is doing a damn good job staying clean.

What's funny is no one is really making a big deal of this.  Some are just pointing out this small incident could be an unfortunate sign of bigger things to come. 

The only posters who are "flying off the handle" are the homers sprinting to defend the guy and make up excuses for him. 

Assuming he will be arrested several times on criminal charges becUse he forgot to pay a ticket is making a big deal out of something. Lol

This is the source of the disagreement. Some don't think it necessarily is. Our history concerning dumb WR's seems to be what is driving this concern the most and while I understand that, for the regular every day person, an unpaid ticket is not a big deal.

Yeah, you obviously haven't been around here long enough. 

Been around where?  I've been a fan of the team for 20 years.

What does a player from the past have to do with DGB?

Again, maybe it's a sign of impending doom like you seem to assume, or maybe it's a one-time fuck up.

Personally I choose to say away from the ledge until further notice.

But feel free to whip yourself into hysterics.

zOMG an unpaid parking ticket!!12

I can literally see luvya's hands shaking as he types.  Why don't you read his posts again and tell me he is taking this in stride.

Using Kenny Britt as reason to panic isn't exactly effective either to me. His run ins with the law, while numerous, were pretty tame in comparison to the league and really the general male population in the U.S. criminal justice system. Kenny's problem wasn't his run ins with the law; his problems were getting severely injured and then forgetting how to catch a football better than most 5th graders. If DGB's on the field play matches our expectations of him, a Kenny Britt-like criminal history is kind of a steal IMO. Did Kenny ever even serve any jail time? I don't remember that happening. 

Lord ham ercy........

Y'all are coming unglued over an unpaid speeding ticket for a 21 year old.........I mean it is a little sign of immaturity, but 21.........

I remember kids not being able to walk at graduation in college until they paid some forgotten parking tickets on campus.

This is filed under the no big deal at all file.

But this is the same board that had Justin Hunter sentenced to 15 at San Quentin a few months back when we know he's not some aggressive figure (to his detriment).

Lord ham ercy........

Y'all are coming unglued over an unpaid speeding ticket for a 21 year old.........I mean it is a little sign of immaturity, but 21.........

I remember kids not being able to walk at graduation in college until they paid some forgotten parking tickets on campus.

This is filed under the no big deal at all file.

But this is the same board that had Justin Hunter sentenced to 15 at San Quentin a few months back when we know he's not some aggressive figure (to his detriment).

Little bit of time would've done him some good IMO.