Titans brass not budging on offset language

luvyablue256

If your sanity requires silence to the magnitude of your hysteria, perhaps you shouldn't call it sanity.

Another pithy string of words that means nothing.  We get it, you're smart.  You don't have to try to constantly prove it to us.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why aren't yall all over Mariota for "sticking to his guns"?    There were 32 players drafted in the 1st round. 31 have signed. 29 have offset language in their contracts, even Jameis Winston who wa

What are you talking about?  This has nothing to do with panic.  Well, maybe for some. It has to do with the fact that, once again, the Titans are one of the last (in this case THE LAST) team to sign

The NFL is the business and the 32 teams get equal distributions. If all 32 teams were left to fend for themselves the Titans would be one of the first to file bankruptcy and go under. They've handed

I'm assuming the Titans caved on the dollar amount they originally were asking for in the offset language. I'm also assuming Marcus' agent knew his popularity would take  an immediate hit if he held out of camp.

titantez, in looking back at the original quotes from the team on this issue, while I think it is clear they were talking about the whole thing being offset, I will admit that the words they used are ambiguous enough to claim exactly what you are saying.  So I take it back.  They can deny they drew a line and erased it.  Based on the quotes in the story in the OP in this thread, unless something different was said, the Titans can credibly claim they were willing to split the baby all along.

Hope this helps!

Your friend,

Legaltitan

Since it's the quickest we've signed a first rounder since 2000 and the first time we've compromised, something must have changed. They've had no problem pushing the "negotiations" right up to training camp, even causing players to miss a few days. They even said they are OK with that a few days ago. Maybe this is the first time an agent has proposed "partial offset" language. Maybe they didn't like taking the heat nationally and from fans. Who knows, all we can do is speculate.

My guess is after Underwood spoke to Kuharsky they saw how it was being perceived by the fans and media and decided a partial off set was better than making MM miss some time and cave and getting 100% off set. 

Pretty much a non issue

My guess is after Underwood spoke to Kuharsky they saw how it was being perceived by the fans and media and decided a partial off set was better than making MM miss some time and cave and getting 100% off set. 

Pretty much a non issue

IN the light of that $226 mil TV contract windfall, they'd look pretty stupid if Mariota missed any camp over it. PR suicide.