Former GM Floyd Reese And What Could've Been

MIKE75

That Raven defense was absolutely nasty, they gave up about 14 points a game. We had a great OL, CJ, a game manager in KC & Gage. That's not exactly a top talent offense. Even still, we put up more yards than anyone did on them all year. You can't blame the coach for guys fumbling on the 5 yard line & missing FG's.

Who was responsible for the total lack of talent outside of CJ?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought Fisher had one of the most impressive performances of his career in that loss to the Ravens.   The Titans had game planned the Ravens perfectly and pretty much controlled the game on both si

2000 good times, we went to the game. we were on our way back to my uncle's house when we stopped for gas after the game. My uncle comes out of the gas station looking all somber. I asked what was goi

The delay of game was so blatant. It was like 2 seconds after it had hit 0 that Flacco snapped the ball

On this I agree with you.  Fisher's drafts particularly in 2009 and 2010 and 2007 weren't particularly great.  He has a few questionable picks in STL as well (Isiah Pead in the 2nd round LOL).

There's always a grab-bag of excuses for Fisher.

This team has been clearly worse since he left.  Yes it maybe correlation not causation.  But Titans are in a serious decline.

Edited by patsplat

Iowa KC threw 41 times for 281 yards  in that game, did you want 50 passes?

Im not gonna go game by game, but Id feel safe betting that 281 yards was more than the Ravens gave up in probably all but 2 or 3 games in '08.

It was the most they allowed the entire season.

This team has been clearly worse since he left.  Yes it maybe correlation not causation.  But Titans are in a serious decline.

I'd like to think the decline (which started under Fisher) ended last year.

When we got the ball back with 50 seconds left, you knew we had zero chance; that was due to the design and philosophy of the offense. If the Patriots were in the same situation, they actually would have had confidence in winning the game.

This is beyond ridiculous. Every team in the league down 3 points with 50 secs left has the same offensive philosophy. Now I've heard it all.

Fisher gave the whole organization stability. Webster has no clue how to build and team and is constantly changing plans, the team has no identity.

This is beyond ridiculous. Every team in the league down 3 points with 50 secs left has the same offensive philosophy. Now I've heard it all.

I didn't think they had a chance when they got the ball back. And I think his point is that he felt the fact that the Titans weren't a high volume passing team is what he meant. They weren't built to come from behind.

That's not why I felt they had no chance.  It just got to the point where it was obvious that Baltimore was going to win.  The Titans had one timeout, poor field position, no momentum and little time. It wasn't happening.

Fisher gave the whole organization stability. Webster has no clue how to build and team and is constantly changing plans, the team has no identity.

The team had no stability in his last two seasons.

Edited by scine09

You think that Raven loss is on Fisher as well?

No, he was done with Fisher after he wouldn't play VY in 09! LOL

The team had no stability in his last two seasons.

The biggest problem this team had Fisher's last two season's were VY. It finally came to a head in 2010 and destroyed that season. Yea there were other problems but the team had no chance with VY as the QB, none.

I know. My conversations on TR have changed my mind about how that game unfolded. Still, the lack of discipline and the end result fall on the coach. 

bingo. Fisher's teams always play tight in the playoffs. Players turn the ball over or commit penalties at the worst times. I can only think of two games where the Titans executed late in the game and that's the double OT win against Pitt and the miracle against Buffalo. That's the primary reason I was ready for Fisher to move on after 08 even though the game plan was far less conservative against the Ravens then in years past.

Total lack of talent? The team had the best record in the league. They had the best OL & possibly the best DL in the league. One of the best RB's. A top 5-7 LBer group with Bulluck & Thornton probably the best nickel duo & a great secondary.

This was coming off a salary cap purge 3 years before & a QB meltdown. 

We had the 3rd pick in '06 draft, rebuilt for 2 years, and had the best record in the league. You can't build up every part of a team in 2 years.

Alge Crumpler was an 8 or 9 year veteran, he didn't fumble because he was playing too tight. It was a bang bang play.

If anything Id criticize Fisher more for the '07 SD playoff game. I would've used the VY quad pull the last week of the season to start KC, or at least put him in the 2nd half. VY was useless in that game.