Why does this team never rock the Oiler throwbacks?

10 A See

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fuck wearing them at home against the Texans.  We need to wear them every time we play in Houston...

The Oilers sucked, and we don't need that legacy. 

Hey ingrates! Some of you wish you could have been around during the Oiler days. Luv ya Blue was an experience!    Some of you think showing up for some lame "Code Blue" is something . That'

19 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

That isn’t the point. Do you honestly believe that team would have went to the SB if they stayed in Houston? Go back and read all the quotes about how the two years without a city brought the team together. 

No, I don't. A Shit stadium with attendance not being that great before they left for Nashville. Moral would have been about the same. Don't think the team would have won as many games. Nashville gave them a new identity a new stadium, new and VERY excited fans.  Gave the team new motivation.

On 10/20/2017 at 0:18 AM, Titansurf32 said:

Just try and separate your weird anti-oiler, chip on shoulder, butt hurt, jealousy thing with the pure supple beauty of one of the greatest uniforms to ever grace professional sports.

One of the greatest?  There are 2 words out of those 4 that don't belong.

Edited by scine09

On 10/20/2017 at 8:20 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

The one where when a team doesn’t have a city for two years and changes its name is no longer the same team it was three years before when it was in another city. I’m guessing you think the Ravens 2000 SB should actually be attributed to the Browns.

Actually yes I do.  That made no logical sense why they made the Ravens like they were an expansion franchise. 

On 10/20/2017 at 9:28 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

They had the best record in the league from 1999 to 2004. Your argument doesn't hold much weight in my mind. Everyone from the staff to players discussed how that time affected them, brought them together, and how huge it was for them to open the new stadium. That line doesn't happen if they stay in Houston. 

I believe they had the 3rd best record in the league from 1987-2003.  Maybe even the 2nd best.  And 10 of those seasons were played in Houston while 12 played as the Oilers.  Only 5 were played as the Titans.

16 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Actually yes I do.  That made no logical sense why they made the Ravens like they were an expansion franchise. 

Not only that the Ravens front office came from the Browns. Newsome worked under Belichick and they actually used some of the same scouting reports to draft players that went on to win the SB that came from Belichick, most notably Ray Lewis who BB wanted to draft and thought highly of. 

To say the Ravens had no connection to the Browns is flat out false, what degree is another story