Winston practicing with 2nd team

FowlerGlory

The Titans don't have to do this type of thing with Mariota because he is mature and they know Mariota is going to work his ass off and do whatever it takes each and every day. Thats how Mariota initially won me over i saw how he was 100% focused on football,his incredible work ethic,desire and determination to do his best,etc. When i saw all of that with how talented he was physically dominating the combine and mentally where he memorizes info and plays quickly along with his winning pedigree going 36-4 along with having one of the best TD/ONT ratios ever 105TD/14INT he pretty much dominated college football and i think with his talent and hard work he will eventually be a good QB in the pros as well.

Now Winston when you look back at all these different incidents with the sexual misconduct,cursing cafeteria workers,stealing food out of grocery stores,etc. hell his own lawyer came out and said Winston wasn't quite ready yet. When i see all this it scares me that eventually it could happen again. Right after he was drafted they made him take off his twitter page a pic of him with crab cakes which was in poor taste and not a joke after what he'd been through. With him being a gunslinger type heck yeah i think he could eventually be good but he will have plenty of turnovers too and lose games of he gets too trigger happy with the ball. I do think Winston has a chance BUT put Mariota and him side by side and i think Tennessee made the right choice.

In my honest opinion i think as well as numerous media and NFL reporters that Mariota was the number one QB in this QB class and this team got very lucky and dodged a bullet when Tampa decided to take Winston first. I think Tennessee got the steal of the draft with Mariota because he was clearly the best QB in this draft and it might be a good while before another one as good comes around.

I think you're making too much of this. Until recently (if I remember correctly) it was standard operating procedure to make rookies earn the starting spot or at least create the illusion that the rookie won some trumped up competition.  I don't think it says all that much about Winston considering that Lovie is as old school as an NFL coach can get.

Many here felt that Mariota should have been made to compete for the starting spot here and from what I gather no one has character concerns about him.

We all know who the two QBs will be week 1.

Edited by Mythos27

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​You are a guy that spent most of last season riding Locker's dick, and we should listen to you about QBs?

​ Titanjuicy just made Mariota's Boo his bitch!

Or Lovie could be retarded & have no idea how to manage the QB position. I vote the latter.

Posted Images

I personally think Lovie is on Fisher's level of over-rated coaches, and seriously question his ability to evaluate QB talent.  I think the Winston pick had more to do with race than talent, and doubt Tampa will even sniff a winning record with those two leading the team.  

That said, I can't question making Winston 'earn' the spot.  It probably has as much to do with increasing Glennon's trade value as it does teaching the rookie anything.  

I think you're making too much of this. Until recently (if I remember correctly) it was standard operating procedure to make rookies earn the starting spot or at least create the illusion that the rookie won some trumped up competition.  I don't think it says all that much about Winston considering that Lovie is as old school as an NFL coach can get.

Many here felt that Mariota should have been made to compete for the starting spot here and from what I gather no one has character concerns about him.

We all know who the two QBs will be week 1.

If they had a open competition, it wouldn't make a bit of difference in how Mariota prepared or his mindset. He would still be Marcus. His own words said that his goal was to be the best teammate he can be, so right there it tells you that he doesn't feel entitled to anything.  

I personally think Lovie is on Fisher's level of over-rated coaches, and seriously question his ability to evaluate QB talent.  I think the Winston pick had more to do with race than talent, and doubt Tampa will even sniff a winning record with those two leading the team.  

That said, I can't question making Winston 'earn' the spot.  It probably has as much to do with increasing Glennon's trade value as it does teaching the rookie anything.  

You started off great, and lost me at the bolded.  There is no way you can say that unless you have an agenda, because Winston was the consensus top QB available, he played college ball in Florida, and Tampa needed a QB.  I'm no Winston fan at all, but come on with this race bullshit.  It is sheer conjecture and smacks of an agenda.

You started off great, and lost me at the bolded.  There is no way you can say that unless you have an agenda, because Winston was the consensus top QB available, he played college ball in Florida, and Tampa needed a QB.  I'm no Winston fan at all, but come on with this race bullshit.  It is sheer conjecture and smacks of an agenda.

Oh yeah....then what's my agenda?

I don't dislike Winston, and have never said anything negative about his ability.  I just think that Lovie would have looked a lot harder at Mariota if it wasn't for Winston providing a certain type of reclamation project for him.  It's my opinion, and you are free to disagree.  

Oh yeah....then what's my agenda?

I don't dislike Winston, and have never said anything negative about his ability.  I just think that Lovie would have looked a lot harder at Mariota if it wasn't for Winston providing a certain type of reclamation project for him.  It's my opinion, and you are free to disagree.  

I don't know what your agenda is, but there is absolutely zero evidence that race had anything to do with Tampa selecting Winston, and tons of reasons why race had nothing to do with it.  Other than Lovie Smith being a black coach, I think you are making a monumental leap when you say you think this was a primary factor.  Only you know why you are making that leap.

Seems you are back pedaling just a bit when you say Winston is "a certain type of reclamation project" for Lovie, although I confess I have no idea what you mean by that.

If the Titans had passed on Winston for Mariota, and someone here had said it was because of race and we didn't want a black QB, you know you would blow a gasket at that poster.

titans cant afford to do this cuz if mett gets extended playing time with the 1's mariota will be a 2 for the rest of his titan career

You don't get to root for Mariota if he turns out to be good. You're so far beyond just taking a wait and see approach that it will be humiliating for you if he isn't literally the worst QB ever from what you've said about him for months now. 

In my opinion, I think Winston was more of a upper management decision since he played for FSU just as much as he was a football decision.  They wanted to sell tickets and generate hype more so than if they drafted Mariota.  As for the Titans, I don't think it was a upper management decision just b/c they don't know if he would've sold more tickets.  Since they did, I think it's a bonus for them.  So IMO, they picked Marcus mainly that they fell in love with his potential alone.

In my opinion, I think Winston was more of a upper management decision since he played for FSU just as much as he was a football decision.  They wanted to sell tickets and generate hype more so than if they drafted Mariota. 

And yet Mariota is the #1 selling jersey over Winston.

You don't get to root for Mariota if he turns out to be good. You're so far beyond just taking a wait and see approach that it will be humiliating for you if he isn't literally the worst QB ever from what you've said about him for months now. 

ok mom.

I don't know what your agenda is, but there is absolutely zero evidence that race had anything to do with Tampa selecting Winston, and tons of reasons why race had nothing to do with it.  Other than Lovie Smith being a black coach, I think you are making a monumental leap when you say you think this was a primary factor.  Only you know why you are making that leap.

Seems you are back pedaling just a bit when you say Winston is "a certain type of reclamation project" for Lovie, although I confess I have no idea what you mean by that.

If the Titans had passed on Winston for Mariota, and someone here had said it was because of race and we didn't want a black QB, you know you would blow a gasket at that poster.

I don't have an agenda, and by 'certain type of reclamation project,' I am referring to Winston's image, and the fact that black QBs have yet to really be successful in the NFL.  

You may be right about the Mariota hypothetical, although if that had happened, I could count on you sitting that discussion out, pot.