Titan Yoga - YES

Yogaguy

What would be the ultimate all around test for strength, stamina and overall fitness?

Bench press

Dips

Pull ups

1 mile

timed plank

I'm just throwing that out there. Feel free to adjust or correct.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I do yoga for about an hour before I run a marathon to warm up for my work outs

Iowa preparing to put all crossfitters to shame

18 Pictures That Prove Yoga Pants Actually Make Girls HOTTER    

Posted Images

What would be the ultimate all around test for strength, stamina and overall fitness?

Bench press

Dips

Pull ups

1 mile

timed plank

That's the problem. There's so much you can test.

You'd have to have some sort of squat and deadlift. I'd like some form of Olympic lift for explosive strength. 

There are tons of valuations depending on what you want to test.

High rep overhead press then follow it with a run and if you're missing overhead range in the shoulder, your low back (leaning back and arching to compensate) could be smoked and you'll feel it on the run. Some things you'll only find by combining movements.

If I was going to put in the squat I'd say how many reps of your own body weight can you do.
A lot of big ol fat meatheads can squat a lot for one rep

Yeah its why a lot of time people look at lifts at % body weight.

I'm about 2x body weight on squat. 2.5x on deadlift. My bench sucks. 

One of my favorite  workouts was 

Reps 1-10 bodyweight backsquat

Reps 10-1 burpees. 

So you do 1 backsquat, 10 burpees, 2 backsquat, 9 burpees, etc.

Starts to really suck and that's of course for time.

And after doing the math on it, 2 guys I crossfit with every day have about a 1400 total (one played for Auburn), another is closer to 1600, maybe higher but don't know his exact numbers. I've seen him squat 550 for 2 and bench well over 400 but don't know his exact 1rep maxes. And the owner of another box in town is higher than that. And none of them only do the main power lifts... ok, the last guy goes haha he's a strong fucker though haha I've seen him strict overhead press 275 for reps like it was nothing just to give a friend shit.

But by all means be happy about your 1400 and 10min mile.

The only CF defense: Living vicariously through others who got strong NOT doing CF.  

Unlike you, I don't have to point to some guy I've seen lift in the gym....I am the guy.

I am happy with my 1400 that includes a 515 squat, 535 dead, and 350 bench....and I'm also happy with my 10 minute 1.5 mile in kit, 20.5 inch flexibility (FLETC test), 30 real pull-ups, and sub-16 second Illinois agility test (another FLETC test).

I will strive to get better in each category, but I could sit on my ass and eat nothing but Doritos for the next 6 months, and still out-lift you and the vast majority of your CF pussies.  

Why don't you stick to ordering XS t-shirts from Rogue and discussing how important ring-dips are for your future in Olympic gymnastics?

The only CF defense: Living vicariously through others who got strong NOT doing CF.  

Unlike you, I don't have to point to some guy I've seen lift in the gym....I am the guy.

I am happy with my 1400 that includes a 515 squat, 535 dead, and 350 bench....and I'm also happy with my 10 minute 1.5 mile in kit, 20.5 inch flexibility (FLETC test), 30 real pull-ups, and sub-16 second Illinois agility test (another FLETC test).

I will strive to get better in each category, but I could sit on my ass and eat nothing but Doritos for the next 6 months, and still out-lift you and the vast majority of your CF pussies.  

Why don't you stick to ordering XS t-shirts from Rogue and discussing how important ring-dips are for your future in Olympic gymnastics?

Lol point being they all do crossfit

:)

And LOL at you being out deadlifted by this little crossfitter 

Edited by reo

Lol point being they all do crossfit

:)

And LOL at you being out deadlifted by this little crossfitter 

All they do NOW is cf....I bet my next paycheck they were lifting heavy before they decided to join a cult.

And you cannot out deadlift me.  That 1RM was from 14 weeks ago because of Smolov....back when my 1RM for squats was 475.

All they do NOW is cf....I bet my next paycheck they were lifting heavy before they decided to join a cult.

And you cannot out deadlift me.  That 1RM was from 14 weeks ago because of Smolov....back when my 1RM for squats was 475.

My last deadlift max was 6 months ago when my backsquat was 30# lower too but with you only worrying about strength, this little crossfitter shouldn't be anywhere near you but I am and that's hilarious. 

I don't know what most of them could lift but at least one wasn't anywhere near as strong. Personally my maxes have all gone up by 200+ since starting crossfit. As per usual you don't know what you're talking about.

What are you weighing in at?

Edited by reo

And all my squats are ass to grass. None of this barely below 90 just so I can get credit and feel strong bullshit. 

Edited by reo

Bench press

Dips

Pull ups

1 mile

timed plank

​Triathlon.  Swim, bike, and run.  No weights there though, but maybe throw in a few minutes of some sex in the missionary position, and after all that if you aren't dead, then you're pretty damn fit.

​Triathlon.  Swim, bike, and run.  No weights there though, but maybe throw in a few minutes of some sex in the missionary position, and after all that if you aren't dead, then you're pretty damn fit.

Triathletes are awesome but strength is an integral part of fitness imo. Some focus on it too much but imo endurance athletes neglect it far too much. If you can bench your bodyweight for example, you're not that fit imo.

Knew of an endurance guy that could run a marathon in under 3 but could barely bench 75#. That's not fit imo. Just like a powerlifter who can't run a mile isn't fit no matter how much he can squat or bench imo.

Thus CROSSfitness

Edited by reo