Ike Taylor Wants to Come to TN, thinks Worilds and Harrison Would Want to Come Too

tgo

Read my post right above yours concerning my thoughts on bringing in stop gap upgrades.

Yeah I saw it after posting.

I think your way is a great way to remain a bottom dweller until you luck out in the draft or you sign a FA just looking for money (bc those are the main ones going to bottom teams) that actually plays after getting paid.

I prefer to increase the minimum lvl of talent on the roster w/ vets then you draft well to raise above it and believe it or not, having vets that know how to work and set the standard will improve the likelihood of your draft picks working out as well.

Edited by reo

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ike Taylor will work for food

“Coach LeBeau recruits himself. He is like Coach K; you know what you are getting yourself into,’’ said Taylor, referring to Duke basketball coach Mike Krzyzewski. “You don’t have to ask the veteran g

Yeah I saw it after posting.

I think your way is a great way to remain a bottom dweller until you luck out in the draft or you sign a FA just looking for money (bc those are the main ones going to bottom teams) that actually plays after getting paid.

I prefer to increase the minimum lvl of talent on the roster w/ vets then you draft well to raise above it and believe it or not, having vets that know how to work and set the standard will improve the likelihood of your draft picks working out as well.

If you are going to draft well, you are going to draft well regardless of whether you are a bottom dweller or signing vets like these.  The bottom line is you need to acquire some top level talent or either way you are going to be a bottom dweller again in a few years.

I agree some seasoned vets can be a positive influence for the developing youth but we already have some of those guys on the roster.  We'll have to see who stays and who goes before we can really say we need an influx of that.

And for christ's sake, Ike Taylor will be 35 years old this season.  No thanks.

If you are going to draft well, you are going to draft well regardless of whether you are a bottom dweller or signing vets like these. The bottom line is you need to acquire some top level talent or either way you are going to be a bottom dweller again in a few years.

I agree some seasoned vets can be a positive influence for the developing youth but we already have some of those guys on the roster. We'll have to see who stays and who goes before we can really say we need an influx of that.

And for christ's sake, Ike Taylor will be 35 years old this season. No thanks.

Signing these guys doesn't affect the draft except maybe give you a bit more freedom to draft BPA. If as you say you draft well then you draft well then signing these guys for low cost doesn't hurt. But then its the added benefit of having hard working vets on the roster to show the rookies how to work. Then if they get beat out, you cut them.

I think you have a higher opinion of the vets on the roster than I do.

Who cares if he's 35? If he sucks worse than people on the roster you cut him. If he's still better than anyone else on the roster then we're in a better spot than before.

Guys wanting to come here is a good thing. Options are good. Some guys won't be full-time starters, but can play in packages and in rotation. We need better starters and better depth.

More importantly, it's extremely valuable to have vets with a phenomenal work ethic, love for the coach, and total understanding of the scheme. That helps get younger guys on board. It changes the culture.

Greg Lloyd (49) said he would come to play in TN as well because of LeBeau. Same with Levon Kirkland (he is only 46). I say we bring them in because we want to change the .....culture.

I say we bring them in because they would actually be upgrades on the Titans defense!

Btw, who says we have to sign all of them? Maybe we only need one or two of them.

Some food for thought.

Exactly. It's not like we need to bring in half a dozen ex-Steelers. I for one think James Harrison is perfect for us, there's a great chance we pick an OLB at 33 & he'd be the perfect one year stopgap. He's in great shape & is still a much better than average OLB. A lot of these old guys wind up being steals for a year.

Exactly. It's not like we need to bring in half a dozen ex-Steelers. I for one think James Harrison is perfect for us, there's a great chance we pick an OLB at 33 & he'd be the perfect one year stopgap. He's in great shape & is still a much better than average OLB. A lot of these old guys wind up being steals for a year.

Harrison and Polamalu are my main targets. I'm interested in Worilds though.

Taylor? I don't really give a crap but if he's cheap and really wants to be here, I'd be open to it just b/c there's little down side. Cut him if he sucks or if he's cheap enough, he's decent depth.

hmmmm they would be an upgrade to Woodyard and Wimbley. The sad part of that is even with Wimbley's cut in pay he makes $3 mil. Woodyard makes $4 mil. $7 mil on two stiffs.

If only Webster had been given some kind of clue that Wimbley, Woodyard(benched the previous season) and Oher would not be quality players in 2014. Anything, any kind of sign whatsoever!

Taylor? I don't really give a crap but if he's cheap and really wants to be here, I'd be open to it just b/c there's little down side. Cut him if he sucks or if he's cheap enough, he's decent depth.

I'm with you on Troy. I dont like Worilds as much but I wouldn't complain. But Polamalu & Harrison could give us 2 cheap, one year upgrades.

I don't disagree with your plan in theory.

The problem is I don't trust Webster to cut anyone after he signs them if they don't deserve the roster spot.