Who will have the best Rookie years and who doesn't live up to the hype?

Jd8

Best rookie years.

Jamies Winston

Winston to Evans duo will score lots of TDs. I think Winston will be a good QB at the next level.

He's not going to a top 5 elite QB like some believe but I think he will mature and have a good Career.

Melvin Gordon

Todd Gurley is the best back in this class but he won't be 100% come TC so he'll be playing catchup. I still see Gordon having 1,000+ yards and having a very good rookie year.

Dante Fowler JR

Best LBer in the class and it's not even close. He will have a great rookie year!

Arik Armstead

He wil have the best stats for any of the Defensive lineman and have a good rookie year

Disappointing rookies

Marcus Mariota

He won't be ask to start early but when he does I don't see him being successful in the league. He's going to be asked to do things he's never done and I think he will bust early.

Devante Parker

I also don't think he will live up to his hype. Measures up nicely for a pro reciever but has never really dominated at the college level. Losess concentration and drops easy balls. I think he struggles in the pros but will be taken early only because his speed, size, and strength.

In 3-4 years from now when people look back at the 2015 draft class the best players to come out of this draft will be...

Trae Waynes and Dante Fowler Jr

I love Leonard Williams and think he'll have a very good career but I think Dante will be a top 3 LBer and Trae will be a shutdown CB.

I think Jameis will have a good career but there is absolutely no way he lives up to the hype. We've got posters on here swearing up and down that he's the next coming of Peyton Manning because a few unnamed sources said so. Andrew Luck in year 3 STILL hasn't fully lived up to the hype he got and he was a much better prospect, with a much higher ceiling. There is literally no way this kid can live up to this insane hype. 

I think Jameis will have a good career but there is absolutely no way he lives up to the hype. We've got posters on here swearing up and down that he's the next coming of Peyton Manning because a few unnamed sources said so. Andrew Luck in year 3 STILL hasn't fully lived up to the hype he got and he was a much better prospect, with a much higher ceiling. There is literally no way this kid can live up to this insane hype.

I think its less about thinking he's the next Peyton...and a lot more about those idiots who assume he's some dumb thug cuz ...well we all know why.

I think its less about thinking he's the next Peyton...and a lot more about those idiots who assume he's some dumb thug cuz ...well we all know why.

It's one thing to say the kid isn't a dumb thug because he isn't. It's a completely different thing to hear a report about him being as smart as Peyton on the field and believing it at face value. You and a few other posters already did that so if he's anything short of that or looks like a rookie next season he will have failed to live up to the hype you created. Congrats on creating the unrealistic expectations for the kid.

It's one thing to say the kid isn't a dumb thug because he isn't. It's a completely different thing to hear a report about him being as smart as Peyton on the field and believing it at face value. You and a few other posters already did that so if he's anything short of that or looks like a rookie next season he will have failed to live up to the hype you created. Congrats on creating the unrealistic expectations for the kid.

All he has to do is have a better rookie season than Peyton...not incredibly hard

All he has to do is have a better rookie season than Peyton...not incredibly hard

Not really. He's not being compared to rookie Peyton. He's being compared to prime Peyton in terms of football IQ. That's a best of all time comparison. That's why the rest of us scoffed at it. He needs to light it to live up to the hype being created for him.

Not really. He's not being compared to rookie Peyton. He's being compared to prime Peyton in terms of football IQ. That's a best of all time comparison. That's why the rest of us scoffed at it. He needs to light it to live up to the hype being created for him.

I didn't read prime anywhere. Jus read manning like. Which to sane people means as a rookie hes as knowledgeable as rookie Peyton. As a 5 yr vet hell hopefully be as knowledgeable as 5 yr vet Peyton .

Don't try to set him up to fail like y'all did with the over hyping of mett

I didn't read prime anywhere. Jus read manning like. Which to sane people means as a rookie hes as knowledgeable as rookie Peyton. As a 5 yr vet hell hopefully be as knowledgeable as 5 yr vet Peyton .

Don't try to set him up to fail like y'all did with the over hyping of mett

I'm not trying to do anything. When people compare someone to a guy like Manning, they're comparing them to their abilities in their prime, not their infancy and you know that. I didn't do this, you guys did. I expect him to be a good player, y'all think he's a superstar that can fix our team single-handedly. For all the hyping of Mett, no one said the kid was Peyton Manning. The closest thing to that was people saying that his lack of mobility is not very relevant much like it isn't to guys like Peyton. You guys have made a direct comparison and ran with it, don't run from it now that you see the kind of expectations it sets for a rookie QB.

Archived