NFL writer for Rotoworld/NBC Sports: Ruston Webster might be the worst GM in all of sports

OILERMAN

I'm gonna laugh if they don't re-sign Morgan and Worilds gets the transition tag. Then who's gonna play Sam? Jabaal Sheard? Anyone want to see Hali or McPhee try to cover tight ends on a regular basis?

I stand by my original prediction, we pay Worilds double what Morgan gets & everybody's whining by midseason that he's not any better.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not only did Verner go unsigned, but the Titans had 10M in unused cap space at the end of the year.  In addition, because Verner left the team had to use a 4th round pick to fill his roster spot.  Tha

Ruston Webster's tenure as a GM basically hinges on Zach Mettenberger's right arm.

I'm gonna laugh if they don't re-sign Morgan and Worilds gets the transition tag. Then who's gonna play Sam? Jabaal Sheard? Anyone want to see Hali or McPhee try to cover tight ends on a regular basis?

The franchise/transition period opens on 2/16/15 and closes on 3/2/15.  Unless the steelers make their decision on Worilds right before the deadline the Titans will have time to tag Morgan before free agency opens.

The franchise/transition period opens on 2/16/15 and closes on 3/2/15.  Unless the steelers make their decision on Worilds right before the deadline the Titans will have time to tag Morgan before free agency opens.

It would be beyond retarded to tag Morgan when he could be extended to a reasonable contract. But I'd rather tag Morgan than end up with Kamerion Wimbley or Jabaal Sheard having to start at Sam linebacker for sure. 

It would be beyond retarded to tag Morgan when he could be extended to a reasonable contract. But I'd rather tag Morgan than end up with Kamerion Wimbley or Jabaal Sheard having to start at Sam linebacker for sure. 

If need be, he can be tagged and a new contract negotiated later.

If need be, he can be tagged and a new contract negotiated later.

Yes, and that ties up 11-13 million cap dollars that could be spent on Morgan and another high quality starter in FA. 

Btw, I know for a fact that Webster wants to re-sign him and that they're in talks. Who's to say whether they can come together on the numbers though. 

Now, If Wyatt comes out and says they are willing to let him test the market, then that's something to talk about. Terry McCormick? Hah, he's just speculating. 

Yes, and that ties up 11-13 million cap dollars that could be spent on Morgan and another high quality starter in FA.

Btw, I know for a fact that Webster wants to re-sign him and that they're in talks. Who's to say whether they can come together on the numbers though.

Now, If Wyatt comes out and says they are willing to let him test the market, then that's something to talk about. Terry McCormick? Hah, he's just speculating.

I hope Morgan gets done, it makes too much sense. Plus I want to talk shit to Oldschool.

BTW while Id love to also sign a Hardy/Hughes/Hali/Orakpo, I can live with James Harrison for a year while we groom a rookie on the weak side.