I Want Jay Cutler In Nashville

TitanRein27

eh...Eli, Flacco and Ryan are well above Cutler and Stafford, who have essentially been career underachievers (I know Stafford had that ONE year) despite loads of talent (their own and their surroundings). 

Aside from a few good streaks in the postseason I wouldn't put Flacco and Eli above the rest

I think Ryan is the best of the bunch but he's just the top of this overall grouping imo

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Zach came in with an offensive line that was torn apart, absolutely zero running game to help balance the offense along with horrible play from the WRs we got to a point where Derrick Hagen was starti

Speaking as a Vandy fan... no. Mettenberger is the QB. His odds of panning out are higher than Cutler's at this point. And that's even ignoring everything other than his on field performance thus

Aaaaand another grand majesty account....that's like 4 times

Aside from a few good streaks in the postseason I wouldn't put Flacco and Eli above the rest

I think Ryan is the best of the bunch but he's just the top of this overall grouping imo

Look at Eli's numbers since his first sb, aside from two years ago, he's been pretty consistent. Flacco has also only had one really "bad" year, aside from his rookie year, and he's coming off a season better than Cutler has ever had. Ryan is probably the most consistent.

Look at Eli's numbers since his first sb, aside from two years ago, he's been pretty consistent. Flacco has also only had one really "bad" year, aside from his rookie year, and he's coming off a season better than Cutler has ever had. Ryan is probably the most consistent.

I just looked at this years numbers and it was pretty crazy how even all of them were. Eli has overall decent seasons but he also has pitiful games mixed in with great games to create an overall good season, he's crazy inconsistent.

The difference in these guys imo are the quality of the teams they are on. Flacco and Eli were on much better teams.

Greg Cosell noted this as well, that he's just not a precision, West Coast type QB. He said he's a see it & throw it guy, he has to see the receiver open first, and he makes big plays on the move.

This is called lacking "anticipation" and it means you aren't a very good pocket QB. It's required for every passing system, not just West Coast (which no one runs exclusively -- every offense uses some WC principles).

The only way to be a quality QB as a "see it, throw it" guy is if you are a mobile QB playing in a non traditional offense, and even those guys fail badly if they don't develop some anticipation. Cutler is on the wrong side of 30 and still can't read coverages very well.

He's simply a bad QB.

Edited by cenj

He's simply a bad QB.

When you look at the 32 teams and 32 QB situations is hard to call Cutler a "bad QB". He's flawed and you want better but bad is relative and when compared to all 32 starters he's more like average to above average

I just looked at this years numbers and it was pretty crazy how even all of them were. Eli has overall decent seasons but he also has pitiful games mixed in with great games to create an overall good season, he's crazy inconsistent.

The difference in these guys imo are the quality of the teams they are on. Flacco and Eli were on much better teams.

but look at the offensive talent stafford and cutler have to work with and constantly underachieve. 

When you look at the 32 teams and 32 QB situations is hard to call Cutler a "bad QB". He's flawed and you want better but bad is relative and when compared to all 32 starters he's more like average to above average

he's worthy of starting but I'd never want him as my qb

but look at the offensive talent stafford and cutler have to work with and constantly underachieve. 

You're talking team wise or individually? Because Cutler was right there with Flacco and Eli in terms of stats and Stafford has put up big stats too

But if I ranked them I'd probably be pretty inline with where you are.

They are in roughly the same group of QBs

I think at this point he's flat out bad. He's had backups who flopped before and after come in and outperform him with the same rosters.

He doesn't win, he doesn't perform well, and every coach who starts him is fired within a couple years.

You're talking team wise or individually? Because Cutler was right there with Flacco and Eli in terms of stats and Stafford has put up big stats too

But if I ranked them I'd probably be pretty inline with where you are.

They are in roughly the same group of QBs

stafford's stats have always been volume driven other than his one monster season, cutler's ypa was not good this year, but he had ok overall numbers, due to the garbage time they were always in

I think Cutler's real Achilles heel is the redzone. He's horrible there and earns most of his gaudy stats before he gets there. It's why he has trouble winning and why people can't figure out how he puts up stats but his teams lose.

The only way I see Cutler possibly being effective is passing it 20-30 times per game in a ball control offense. With a lot of running and a lot of rollouts so he doesn't have to make reads.  

I think at this point he's flat out bad. He's had backups who flopped before and after come in and outperform him with the same rosters.

He doesn't win, he doesn't perform well, and every coach who starts him is fired within a couple years.

Before the Bears defense completely fell apart Cutler had 3 winning seasons in a row and a combined 27-13 record

And I'm not saying he's good, just saying he's bad is tricky with so many bad QBs

except, at this point, you know what Cutler is, and it seems doubtful he'll ever get better

OK that's fine and all but it's still very hard to upgrade.

I'd say the Bears probably agree with this but you still have to roll with him