Since week eleven, Chance Warmack has graded out as the second best guard in the league.

TitansGuru

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No I won't flee he was pitiful and has improved, I'm not ready to say he's turned the light on, the OTs have been so bad it's hard to know how much he's improved   And I don't apologize for being ha

Who cares if PFF is giving him credit? Use your eyeballs. He has been playing better

I've got some hope for the OL next year especially if Roos plays RT.

Since week 11, with the exception of the Jets, the Titans have played bad to awful defenses.

Bad teams yes, but not bad D-lines. I wouldn't call the Texans, Jets, Pittsburgh, Eagles, and and Giants bad D-lines. It's of no concern to Chance how good the opposing corner or receiver is.

Well there's a rumor that our O-line coach, Bob Bostad, will be taking a job at Wisconsin. Hope that doesn't negatively impact his progress.

Wasn't Bostad most recently at Wisconsin and wasn't that the reason for making him OL coach?  Piss poor...

This is the most logical explanation:

You generally give a rookie the benefit of the doubt his rookie season almost no matter how bad he is. Last year he clearly wasn't the can't miss prospect he was labeled but there was still hope he could develop into a quality starting guard.

Forget all that

This guy cannot play. I found myself focused in on him and he was brutally bad. He's been bad all year in fact. He's slow footed and uncoordinated. He gets destroyed by DL with quickness and gets overpowered as well.

The Titans might have the worst guard duo in the entire league, which is comical considering the investment in the position.

In fact this team is bad overall and the OL might be the worst position group on the entire team.

Lewan and Warmack were early 1st round picks, Levitre was the highest paid guard in history, Oher was a big money free agent and Schwenke was drafted extremely high for a center. Roos is also making a large amount of money.

Roos and Lewan are fine but as a unit this OL is pitiful.

This team needs two new guards, amazingly

PFF is crap but that being said, Warmack has been much better lately. Let's hope it continues. Still a total waste of a top ten pick though.

The only way he can justify that spot is if he becomes Steve Hutchinson, or at a minimum a perennial pro bowler.

Sheldon Richardson was clearly the way to go. I know some posters would disagree but I think he could be better than Casey, he's absolutely dominant, and he's plays as hard as any 300 pounder I've ever seen. His motor is off the charts.

No I won't flee he was pitiful and has improved, I'm not ready to say he's turned the light on, the OTs have been so bad it's hard to know how much he's improved

And I don't apologize for being hard on Warmack, he was absolutely pitiful last season and the first half of this season. He deserved every bad thing said about him.

Most of the time you know right away with offensive linemen whether they're going to be really good or really bad. There are some exceptions though: guys like Warmack, James Carpenter, Evan Mathis, etc. 

This brings up an interesting point re: an aspect of Webster's philosophy. He believes you shouldn't let go of guys or bench them too early because some guys are late bloomers. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this overall. I guess most of the time, hanging on to guys too long is a mistake and most end up never developing but every now and then it pays off. 

One thing is for sure from what we've seen though, overall this coaching staff seems to be better at developing young talent and getting production out of them than the last staff. There are some exceptions of course, namely Akeem Ayers. 

Most of the time you know right away with offensive linemen whether they're going to be really good or really bad.

Ross Tucker said Warmack wasn't any good because with OL you know right away

After Warmack started out so badly this season I no doubt thought he was hopeless, and I'm still not confident although his play lately is very promising

No I won't flee he was pitiful and has improved, I'm not ready to say he's turned the light on, the OTs have been so bad it's hard to know how much he's improved

And I don't apologize for being hard on Warmack, he was absolutely pitiful last season and the first half of this season. He deserved every bad thing said about him.

Up until a month ago Warmack was not playing at a starter level, he was pitiful.

It's awesome that he's playing a lot better now & hopefully he becomes a stud, maybe it just took some time. Right now Im just happy that he looks like a good starter but Sheldon Richardson was still the way to go, and it's not even close.