Titans to make Front Office Moves this offseason?

scine09

Check out this little blurb in Jason La Canfora's article from today:

The Titans are a mess. When you defer the ball to open the game on the road and the other team takes the opening kickoff to the house, you know it's not your day (or season, in their case). Continue to hear growing chatter about possible front office moves there.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jason LaCanfora.

Pretty much this. And it would be a very poor decision to dump your General Manager when it looks like Mettenberger is the real deal. Organizational continuity is important when you have a quarterback

Webster isn't going anywhere so it's pointless to debate, although I do think he's incompetent.   I'd rather Mett(or any QB) stay in the same system as long as possible and we know an offense can fl

I went to the store to get some stuff for lunch and had it on 104.5.  They were really attacking all our weak areas, including the investments in people that haven't worked out.  I didn't get to listen to the whole thing, but the FO seemed to the direction they were going.  

It's extremely difficult to defend Webster at this point.

I just hope that there's no shakeup in coaching. I want the staff to be given at least 3 years to get the team in playoff contention and see what happens then. Hopefully they'll get a guy if they do get rid of Webster that has a relationship with Whisenhunt.

It's extremely difficult to defend Webster at this point.

I just hope that there's no shakeup in coaching. I want the staff to be given at least 3 years to get the team in playoff contention and see what happens then. Hopefully they'll get a guy if they do get rid of Webster that has a relationship with Whisenhunt.

Problem with moving on from Webster means a new GM might want someone else at HC unless like you said it's someone who already is connected to Whiz. But if you do that, perception is Whiz is the GM and the actual GM is a lap dog which might not be so good.

Edited by JLocker10

i like webster. i think he listens to the coaches too much. his fault is he's trying too hard to be a team player. i woldnt get rid of him this offseason. maybe the next if things dont improve personnel-wise. 

i would get a new ST coach, WR coach, and maybe RB coach. of course the scouts could be updated as well... but the major players need another year. i feel Wiz is the main reason for the team being worse than last year but it's part of a plan for long-term development. Websters offseason this year wasnt too bad considering the massive turnover necessary... last year is a different story. 

really though, the faiings of the oline need to be fixed and thats the biggest and pretty much only issue i have with him currently. 

Can Webster and put his assistant as the heir. Let Whiz have a chance with Mett and show the fans that this franchise holds people accountable.

Definitely would like to see this scenario play out. I think Whiz deserves 2015 with Mett but let Webster go and bring in another GM.

Webster's main screwup to me is the horrible way he has went about putting together the offensive line and with nothing to show for it. He wasted a top draft pick on Warmack. Even though i like the Lewan pick i hope he doesn't become injury prone. I do hope like hell that Webster doesn't use another first round pick on a damn offensive lineman in 2015. It is those kind of decisions that put the team in the position they are in now. Some of those picks could be used to strengthen the defense. Back in the day Fisher almost always drafted offensive linemen in the fourth,fifth,sixth even seventh round. Michael Roos in 2005 was the only high draft pick Fisher used on a offensive lineman since coming to Tennessee in '99 and that strategy worked. David Stewart was with the team ten years and he was a fourth round pick. This team has never had a line this horrible and that is Webster's fault.

Edited by Mikeh75

Tommy Smith said there will be no change at head coach or at General Manager.

NEXT TOPIC!

Pretty much this. And it would be a very poor decision to dump your General Manager when it looks like Mettenberger is the real deal. Organizational continuity is important when you have a quarterback, even at the GM position.