Episode 87 - Welcome to the Mett Show

Jonboy

With the bye week in the rearview mirror, the Two Tone Crew returns to recap the first half of the season. The original trio hits on all the current Titans topics including the Taylor Thompson injury, running game woes, and penalty struggles. Do the Titans have a chance against the Ravens? Would fans want Jim Harbaugh to replace Whiz if given the chance? The crew discuss all that and more in this week's episode. Oh, and there's a little talk on that Zach Mettenberger guy as well.

http://directory.libsyn.com/episode/index/id/3164193

RSS:
http://twotonecrew.libsyn.com/rss

Stitcher:

Voicemail:
(615) 900-0282

Mailbag:
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/titansreport

Twitter:
@titansreport

iTunes:

The running game woes are a combination of things imo.....

Whisenhunt said the Titans have been in 3 WR sets 70% of the time this season. They also lost both of their blocking TEs, Green was injured and they've been blown out in many games. Oh and their OL is pitiful.

I actually agree with this Kuharsky article. They need to get Greene back on the field and play more base offense to try and hammer out some rushing yards and keep Mett out of 3rd and long

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/10460/shonn-greene-needs-titans-running-out-of-base-sets-to-get-his-touches

I heard an interview with Sylvester Croom a few months back and he talked about how he doesn't share the "hot hand" philosophy of some, and doesn't think pro running backs need to get in a rhythm. Wisenhunt's philosophy seems to be the same, judging how he used running backs in Arizona. Although in San Diego, he really stuck with Mathews. 

Re: the Jim Harbaugh discussion. Ruston Webster's closest professional friend in the NFL is Trent Baalke, who really can't stand Harbaugh and is the primary reason (in addition to the 49ers locker room turning on him) that he'd be jettisoned anyway. No way in hell Webster would ever sign off on Harbaugh if he we still with the team. Reinfeldt/Webster didn't even want to look at Harbaugh when other teams were originally trying to hire him out of college. 

Also, heard Cosell on the radio yesterday talking about Mariota. He said, "I wasn't impressed. He doesn't throw the ball that well."

Speaking of, I'm in DC right now. If anyone wants to get together and go to the game or a sports bar, let me know.

Have you been here before? If not it's a good time of year to see the city. If I wasn't on call this week is take you up on your offer. Maybe next time.

Have you been here before? If not it's a good time of year to see the city. If I wasn't on call this week is take you up on your offer. Maybe next time.

Been here a few times and have always loved the city. Should be really interesting on Veterans Day since Bruce Springsteen and Rhianna are playing a free concert. The concierge said they're expecting more people than during the inauguration so I'm debating if it's worth it. Any recommendations for places to watch the game today or good paces to eat that would be nice enough to bring a girl to? We've been to the Source and are going to Blue Duck Tavern.

This whole thing has me thinking that I should add some sort of map feature and if we have enough people in one area we can start groups in that area and negotiate special rates with a designated "home" bar.

Been here a few times and have always loved the city. Should be really interesting on Veterans Day since Bruce Springsteen and Rhianna are playing a free concert. The concierge said they're expecting more people than during the inauguration so I'm debating if it's worth it. Any recommendations for places to watch the game today or good paces to eat that would be nice enough to bring a girl to? We've been to the Source and are going to Blue Duck Tavern.

This whole thing has me thinking that I should add some sort of map feature and if we have enough people in one area we can start groups in that area and negotiate special rates with a designated "home" bar.

Down around the Verizon center in chinatown is where it's at. Lots of good bars like RFD and Rocket Bar to name a few. District Chop House has good steaks but if you are looking for more of DC dining experience then the old Ebbitt Grill down by the White House is hard to beat. Has a DC power player feel to it. If a more casual affair then try Spike Mendleson's burger joint on capital hill or even the capital grille. There is a good tapas joint called Jaleo's down by the verizon center too. Basically any kind of cuisine you need can be found outside of BBQ and seafood. If you want seafood go to Annapolis or Baltimore.

Archived