Righteous

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And that's the plan that gets you to 9-7, 8-8 or 7-9 with little chance to go anywhere. Whisenhunt is trying to change that.   I bet had they played with the control the clock, play not to lose stra

"Give him time to get his players" Exactly. Maybe Im crazy but I dont think Whiz is exactly pulling all the tricks out of the bag to win every game simply because these guys don't fit his system.

Ken Whisenhunt is not a very good head coach.  He is the NFL's version of Les Miles.  He looks the part and sounds the part, but his poor in-game decisions directly lead to team losses.  Not unlike ot

Whiz has a good chance of having the worst record since the Oilers became the Titans. (4-12 in 2005)

An absolutely pathetic coaching job by Whiz & staff so far!  If this team doesn't show dramatic improvement in the 2nd half this year, Whiz should be shown the door.

I hope this is sarcasm. You mean to tell me you put up with Munch's shit for 3 year, and you won't give Whiz 1, c'mon man.

Whiz has been to multiple Super Bowls (1) as a HC, and many as a Asst. Coach. He knows how to coach.

We just have dumb, no talent players on this roster. A lot like the coach we had before.

Give him time to get his kinda players in here, and we'll be better. Just be calm and patient.

Arizona isn't talented? Do you watch the NFL?

Arizona is winning because it has better coaching.  They replaced Carson Palmer and didn't miss a beat.  And yes, I think the Titans have comparable talent to the Cardinals.  And most us do too.  At the beginning of the year, I bet the majority of fans thought this team would be better and take a step forward.  And it was because we knew that we had talent and we thought that a seemingly upgrade in coaching would lead to improvement.  But the opposite has happened.  Coaching has made the talent that we had seem worst.  Instead of putting the blame where it belongs, it has gone everywhere else.  Just one game of watching Akeem Ayers without scrub coaching, and what a difference.  I know it's one game, but a guy making plays with the Patriots was an untalented scrub with the Titans?  Give me a break!

I hope this is sarcasm. You mean to tell me you put up with Munch's shit for 3 year, and you won't give Whiz 1, c'mon man.

Whiz has been to multiple Super Bowls (1) as a HC, and many as a Asst. Coach. He knows how to coach.

We just have dumb, no talent players on this roster. A lot like the coach we had before.

Give him time to get his kinda players in here, and we'll be better. Just be calm and patient.

You and I both know that won't happen and threads like these will continue until the Titans start winning.

The Titans have 2 overwhelming personnel problems right now. Not only do they not have enough talent in general, they also have a team that was mostly built for one scheme and now trying to run another.

I'm not giving Wiz an out on all the decisions I don't agree with (like playing Washington at RB), but I don't expect new coaches to win games with a bad team. I'm giving them time to rebuild the roster before I start bashing Wiz too much.

Edited by Starkiller

The Browns and Cardinals are absolutely more talented than the Titans and have been for several years now.

We can't help anyone who doesn't realize the talent that Cardinals team has.

Yea...listen, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, nor argue the point.  Just say, you heard it here first.  Get his players?  What would that look like?  It is not like he was wildly successful with "his" players in Arizona.  But let's just say, time will tell.

There are a couple possibilities (well, more than a couple) regarding what Whiz is doing.

1) Whiz could be a great OC who isn't cut out to be a HC. The penalties, player performances (some seeming to regress this year), miscast players in schemes, and overall disorganization on the field could all be the result of bad coaching. A guy that is too stubborn to change what he does to fit his personnel. A guy who is poor at developing players and who can't manage an organization -- he simply excels at the X's & O's and needs to run an offensive gameplan.

2) Whiz, and everyone else, is purposely sending the guys out in a trial by fire situation. See who sinks and who swims. Cut the dead weight now and move on and rebuild. He could be absolutely aware that he is putting too much on young players (ex: Horton having the CBs like BWW constantly on islands) in order to get them experience, see who's mentally tough and will put in the work, and who crumbles under pressure and wants out. An accelerated weeding out system.

I don't know which it is right now, which is why coaches need a minimum of 3 years before you can fairly assess them. Even then, it depends on circumstances. If guys continue to fall apart in year 3, and we lead the league in penalties, then that is on coaching. If things slowly improve and we see substantial roster changes over the next couple of years, it's likely he's doing this stuff on purpose.

Keep in mind that the coaches (and Webster) can't tell the fans that they are making decisions to improve next year at the expense of this one. They need fans to buy tickets and merchandise -- it's still a business. That means selling media and locals BS as long as possible. It's also why they knew early on that Locker wasn't really our longterm QB, but fed the media that BS. You can't say in the offseason, "Oh, no way this guy is our QB next year. We're just going to ride him for a bit to appease fans until the rookie is ready. We're probably going to be drafting another QB next year."

Yea...listen, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, nor argue the point.  Just say, you heard it here first.  Get his players?  What would that look like?  It is not like he was wildly successful with "his" players in Arizona.  But let's just say, time will tell.

Plenty of fans hated Whiz before we ever signed him here. Other people have been ripping him for weeks. So no, we didn't hear it here first.

But: if this franchise makes the playoffs and Whiz looks better, can we come back and say you were the most irrational poster on the board in regards to Whiz? You know, since you're first and all.

Another thing about Whisenhunt. He absolutely changed the culture in Arizona. Yeah they had a couple of down years after Warner retired but before Whisenhunt got there you could argue that they were not only the worst franchise in the NFL in all of professional sports. Since his arrival in 2006 the Cardinals have been mostly competitive, with only two losing seasons. Which is pretty impressing seeing as from 1985-2006 the Cardinals had 20 losing seasons, one .500 season and one winning season, and the winning season was a 9-7 season. Not only that, but the Cardinals had their first 10-win season under Whisenhunt since 1976.

Dennis Green, a highly successful coach with the Vikings, spent three years with the Cardinals immediately before Whisenhunt's arrival. Those three years, two of which had Kurt Warner on the team, produced 6-10, 5-11 and 5-11 records.

This guy is a highly successful coach both as an assistant and a head coach, knows what he is doing and in three years I am confident that most of you will agree. And if not then I'll eat crow.

Edited by scine09

There are a couple possibilities (well, more than a couple) regarding what Whiz is doing.

2) Whiz, and everyone else, is purposely sending the guys out in a trial by fire situation. See who sinks and who swims. Cut the dead weight now and move on and rebuild. He could be absolutely aware that he is putting too much on young players (ex: Horton having the CBs like BWW constantly on islands) in order to get them experience, see who's mentally tough and will put in the work, and who crumbles under pressure and wants out. An accelerated weeding out system.

That's what I've been saying for weeks. To me it's plainly obvious that this is what's happening.

Threads like these are why the quality of the board has gone down.

It's laughable to say we are as talented as Arizona.  Cleveland is also better than we are.  We are bottom dwellers.  I understand there is frustration, but don't let that frustration force you into bone-headed posts.