Its time to bench a few "starters"

luvyablue256

Hunter is never going to be a consistent WR. He never has been. He's best suited as a complimentary player. I didn't like the pick when we drafted him, and he hasn't been able to improve on his flaws so far.

Hopefully he proves me wrong in time.

Tgo I remember in camp when everyone was raving about Hunter you said aside from a few amazing plays he wasn't very good. At the time I thought you just didn't like the kid as a player for whatever reason & weren't being objective. Looking back you were a 100% right. The kid just has zero fight in him, I almost think he doesn't want the ball thrown to him because he's afraid of dropping it.

Almost every successful WR is very tough, guys like TO, Irvin, Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, all different players but all super tough guys. Two exceptions are Moss & Marvin Harrison. Moss was an otherworldly athletic talent & as good an athlete as Hunter is he's not even in the same stratosphere as Moss. Moss was also the best jump ball guy ever & made it look easy, Hunter mistimes jumps. Harrison was a 4.3 guy who ran picture perfect routes, tracked the ball beautifully, and had Manning.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah, Hunter definitely doesn't need to sit. The other two can be executed at high noon at the 50 yard line though.

It's obviously hard to just bench a lot of guys because of the injuries and how an NFL team really works   However I can see getting Spencer on the field in place of Warmack or Levitre.   Somethin

Fwiw, Jimmy Smith didn't have more than 288 yards until his 3rd year on an NFL team. Terrell Owens didn't eclipse 1,000 until his 3rd season. The point being you don't just give up on a talent lik

The head coach is the main one who needs to be benched. This team is not good in any phase of the game, how can you not be good at anything?? What is his specialty as a coach?

Tgo I remember in camp when everyone was raving about Hunter you said aside from a few amazing plays he wasn't very good. At the time I thought you just didn't like the kid as a player for whatever reason & weren't being objective. Looking back you were a 100% right. The kid just has zero fight in him, I almost think he doesn't want the ball thrown to him because he's afraid of dropping it.

Almost every successful WR is very tough, guys like TO, Irvin, Steve Smith, Derrick Mason, all different players but all super tough guys. Two exceptions are Moss & Marvin Harrison. Moss was an otherworldly athletic talent & as good an athlete as Hunter is he's not even in the same stratosphere as Moss. Moss was also the best jump ball guy ever & made it look easy, Hunter mistimes jumps. Harrison was a 4.3 guy who ran picture perfect routes, tracked the ball beautifully, and had Manning.

I think our biggest need outside of edge rusher going into the offseason is WR. There are two positions I'd be happy with, with a top 5 draft pick (assuming Mett doesn't flop), and that's OLB and WR.

I think our biggest need outside of edge rusher going into the offseason is WR. There are two positions I'd be happy with, with a top 5 draft pick (assuming Mett doesn't flop), and that's OLB and WR.

I agree...or maybe a safety if there is an Earl Thomas or Eric Berry type at the top of the draft.

I think it has hurt both Wright and Hunter that there are no good vet presences at that position on this team. A guy like Cris Carter was all over Randy Moss early in his career. 

And it;s not going to be Nate since he's terribly inconsistent and not close to tough himself. 

No question. I even suggested Mike Evans as an option this year, I never thought WR was as good or deep as most assumed.

I said in the chat yesterday, my ideal offseason is either Houston or Hughes in FA & Amari Cooper in the draft. Though Gregory & that monster DL from USC could be special.

No question. I even suggested Mike Evans as an option this year, I never thought WR was as good or deep as most assumed.

I said in the chat yesterday, my ideal offseason is either Houston or Hughes in FA & Amari Cooper in the draft. Though Gregory & that monster DL from USC could be special.

Leonard Williams DT/DE USC...this guy is really good. He could play all over the place just like Watt.

A guy like this up front could go a long way to helping this defense.

I think it has hurt both Wright and Hunter that there are no good vet presences at that position on this team. A guy like Cris Carter was all over Randy Moss early in his career. 

And it;s not going to be Nate since he's terribly inconsistent and not close to tough himself. 

I agree with this.  You tend to underestimate the value of vet leadership at certain positions.  Shouldn't at the WR position.  Wright will always be a slot receiver and Hunter seems to have the ceiling of a number 2 at the moment.

The head coach is the main one who needs to be benched. This team is not good in any phase of the game, how can you not be good at anything?? What is his specialty as a coach?

It's getting harder & harder to ignore how much worse this team looks than last years, that's for sure.

Leonard Williams DT/DE USC...this guy is really good. He could play all over the place just like Watt.

A guy like this up front could go a long way to helping this defense.

Yeah that's the guy, I think he'd be a perfect 5 tech. Only thing is DL is actually a good position for us, deep & pretty talented, so Id prefer edge rusher but if they really think this guy is special you take him, no question.