Climer rips this team a new bunghole

luvyablue256

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/columnist/david-climer/2014/10/26/titans-continue-going-nowhere-fast/17975807/?sf33022548=1

"Those that remain optimistic about the Titans (and you misguided souls know who you are) will point at the final score on Sunday and insist it wasn't really that bad. OK. Titans CEO Tommy Smith has some beachfront property near their complex he'd like to sell you.

The rest of us aren't buying it. Don't be fooled by the final score. This game was over when the Titans fumbled on the first series of the second half and the Texans scored touchdowns on consecutive possessions to make it 27-3."

"Certainly, we've seen our share of bad football at LP Field over the last several seasons. By now, we're almost numb to these things.

There was a 41-7 no-show against the Texans in 2011, but that was back when Houston was good. The 51-20 loss to the Bears in 2012 was horrible. I'm sure I'm missing some others because I probably dozed off during those blowouts.

The cumulative effect of six losses in the last seven games is telling. The Titans have taken up residence among the bottom-feeders of the NFL. Only four teams in the league have worse records.

To say this is a dumpster fire is disrespectful to dumpster fires everywhere. At least a dumpster fire burns out in an hour or two. This NFL season still has two months to go."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"It's always darkest before light."   Whisenhunt inherited a mess. He didn't just take over a roster. He took over the team's culture, which hasn't been a winning one since the ball bounced off Drew

Bullshit. Mettenberger was fine considering the circumstances.

From the Mike and Mike show this morning: "The Titans are a team covered in stink."

Yesterday was one of the most boring and uninspiring games I've ever seen. We're in for another rough 8 weeks and honestly probably more than that.

Are you sure about that ? Or is it your Locker homerism shining through once again ?

If you want to see boring just go back and watch the Cowboys game with Locker playing and throwing wounded ducks all day.

Talk about boring, now that game was a uninspired snoozer. 

It was a bit boring, though, mainly because our first half consisted of a bunch of penalties. It wasn't fun to watch. There were some good plays made in the second half, yeah, and a few good defensive plays throughout the game. But it was pretty boring, overall. The Texans had control the whole time, pretty much, thanks to our stupid stupid penalties.

I love Mett but I'll be totally honest and say that I too was bored out of my skull for most of the game. I only really paid attention when we were on offense and on D I just watched Blidi and Avery. Blidi makes too many mistakes but he's a fun corner to watch.

Edited by Mythos27

You sound like a republican whining about the Affordable Care Act.

What part of the 75 yds passing and 27-3 score through 3 quarters did you find exciting?

Mett can still develop into something but yesterday was abysmal. 

It was the worst possible way to evaluate your rookie QB. Constant OL penalties and terrible field position with zero running game. One game versus four years for Jake Sucker. I still saw a QB with way better skills in the pocket than Jake, though I admit that isn't saying much.