Remember when people were saying they didn't want Peyton because they wanted Locker to play...

mrjono

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't want Manning and it has absolutely nothing to do with Locker.  I just hate the son of a bitch and would stop being a Titans fan.  I hope someone goes public that he's on the clear and all his

I didn't care to pick up Manning.  I was hoping for our own identity.  

the idea behind the folks saying this will still hold true if manning doesnt win a superbowl again. he probably has 4 more to win a championship.    the whole point was to develop a guy to give you

the idea behind the folks saying this will still hold true if manning doesnt win a superbowl again. he probably has 4 more to win a championship. 

the whole point was to develop a guy to give you a decades worth of chances and a win. 

i thought manning was done too. wouldnt doubt if that guy is on roids too with a hall pass from the league. 

I was one of those that said it. I thought Manning's arm was shot. And I remember specifically in week 3 when Locker played arguably his best ever game against the Lions and Manning looked old with a shot arm against the Texans I made a thread about it.

I did want Manning that March, though, and was very disappointed when they didn't land him.

I just want my own "Manning." Manning could win the next two Super Bowls but he won't hold a candle to John Elway in Denver.

There's something to be said of having your own, drafted, developed QB that just feels better.

So I'm not crying over it ... if he got a quick Super Bowl then retired It'd almost feel cheap. The disappointment for me still falls under not having a Russel Wilson or even Colin K ... 

I didn't want Manning and it has absolutely nothing to do with Locker.  I just hate the son of a bitch and would stop being a Titans fan.  I hope someone goes public that he's on the clear and all his records go into the same file with those of Barry Bonds.

I didn't want the team to pursue him because I knew there was no way he was coming here...especially with SF and Denver wanting him. His dad played for Bud, he knew all about the teams crazy owner.

I figured it would screw our whole off season while we wasted time going after him, and we ended up losing Mario because of it.

I didn't post back then but I was a reader. I remember alot of people saying this until we were actually in the race then it all went out the window.

It sucked because we could've had Mario but I still think we were very much in the race for Peyton. I know a lot of fans say we never had a shot but I don't think that's the case at all. Peyton was extremely meticulous with his free agency process & vetted teams thoroughly. He had no qualms whatsoever about dismissing teams right off the bat, like he did with KC & Seattle. He's a very serious guy & he didn't do visits or workouts for teams he wasn't interested in. He met with us 2 or 3 times & flat out said it was a very tough decision. Don't forget the Titans were pretty well thought of going into the 2012 season. They were coming off a 9-7 year (yes, the schedule was weak) & had what looked to be a great draft class the year before. Britt looked like a monster before the injury, Cook looked like he could be a big time TE, and we had a top notch OT tandem.

So much revisionist history. A lot of the people saying no to Manning were saying it because "we'll have an aaron rodgers situation! Locker won't be able to develop! I'd rather have 12 years with Locker than 3 with Manning". That was an absurdly stupid argument and hopefully they see that now.