What is the deal attacking all kinds of QB in the league

N/A

I will admit to being a big fan of Jake when we drafted him...still am, as I dont believe he half as bad as some here make him out to be. Reality is though, best ability is to be available and 4 years in, he just dont have it. He also didnt get the luxury of coming to a team that would play to his strengths like RG3,Colin Kap.,and Russell Wilson. Thats why those guys succeeded so quickly. You play to their strengths, while improving on their weaknesses. Only way Jakes on this roster in 2015 is if he comes real cheap. Someone will sign him as a backup..and I will follow the guy, as he is the type that I pull for. I am all for moving on in 2015 or when we are out of the race...mathematically this year.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you have ugly wife, you are always looking around in hopes somebody else's wife is even uglier.  Then you laugh you hinnie off and point fingers.  Makes your gal look, well she's still ugly.

why is 9 nines still making threads on this subject?   people are complaining about the site here and the influx of new posters ruining it... pretty sure certain long-time posters have been just as

It's pretty simple @9 Nines. They've lost the argument on whether Locker sucks ass . We all now know this to be true. Now they're going to try to "get back" at the people who clowned on them for holdi

I will admit to being a big fan of Jake when we drafted him...still am, as I dont believe he half as bad as some here make him out to be. Reality is though, best ability is to be available and 4 years in, he just dont have it. He also didnt get the luxury of coming to a team that would play to his strengths like RG3,Colin Kap.,and Russell Wilson. Thats why those guys succeeded so quickly. You play to their strengths, while improving on their weaknesses. Only way Jakes on this roster in 2015 is if he comes real cheap. Someone will sign him as a backup..and I will follow the guy, as he is the type that I pull for. I am all for moving on in 2015 or when we are out of the race...mathematically this year.

A well reasoned position. 

In the end, these are the only things that matter and you should not confuse things with anything else:

1. A healthy Jake Locker represents our best chance to win games now. The coaching staff believes this. I believe this. Whitehurst is a downgrade. Mett is not ready.

2. When you look at the FA pool, the draft and the struggles young QB;s go through, and a second year late draftee on roster, it's more than likely a healthy Jake Locker will still represent this teams best chance to win next year.

3. We're a better roster next year with Jake Locker on it. Even if it's as a placeholder/mentor for Mett. 

You can hate these things. You can deny these things. You can hate the situation. It doesn't make it any less real.  Convincing yourself of unlikely circumstances coming to pass doesn't make it any better or less painful. 

ding ding ding!!!

except maybe #3

Better question is why do people who don't like Jake latch on to any qb that had a good day?

Seriously though when will people learn these backup qbs who have a good game or two usually end up sucking in the grand scheme of things. Flynn...kolb...now cousins...as CTF pointed out Derek Anderson....

Has this ever worked??

Edited by winessee

Well if Locker is gone how are we not going to sign a guy like that?

There is no way they go into next year with Mett and Whitehurst 1-2 or the other way around. 

For sure they are going to sign a vet with some playing experience to come in and compete. 

Well if Locker is gone how are we not going to sign a guy like that?

There is no way they go into next year with Mett and Whitehurst 1-2 or the other way around.

For sure they are going to sign a vet with some playing experience to come in and compete.

Draft a qb. Unless its an established qb...but those guys don't get let loose