Are we as bad as we think we are?

Mythos27

How bad are the Titans  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Are the Titans as bad as we think?

• WE ARE WHO WE THOUGHT WE WERE
    • The Titans have had SuperBowl quality opponents
    • The Titans are worse than what we thought

So I'm sitting here watching the Cowboys beat the Seahawks in Seattle and am thinking we're not as bad as we think we are.Please bear with me.

Week one we curbstomp a Chiefs team that embarrassed the Patriots on Monday night football. Other than their loss to us (their worst so far) they've only lost to the 9ers by 5 and the Broncos by 7. We then lost one that really we should have won to the Cowboys who have since dominated everyone, going on a 5-1 tear culminating in physically handling Seattle at Seattle. We then lose to a 4-2 Colts team in embarrassing fashion and finally we lost a heart-breaker to a resilient Browns team whose only 2 losses were by 5 points combined. 1 of those losses was to the Steelers whom they just beat senseless today. 

So I ask you; are we really as horrible as we think we are or have our opponents just been a lot better than we thought?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Without the 4 losses they would be 6-0!

We aren't as bad as everyone on here makes us out to be.   It's all mostly overreaction and drama queen meltdown most of the time on here.   We aren't in the bottom 5, even if some here want to be

You are what your record says you are.

I haven't watched the games since week 2 (other than highlights and game-casting), but what I saw didn't tell me the Titans were a good team.  Locker still sucked vs the Chiefs (not being able to lead a receiver, getting them killed with high passes) and I haven't seen or read anything about the defense that tells me they are good.

The win vs the Chiefs also saw their top 2 defenders go down with injuries.  That sorta thing can wreck a game plan.  I think it is more than just who we've played, it's HOW the Titans have sucked game-in and game-out.

The Titans are worse then we think they are, the Jags were better in every stat line today except the score  This is a bad team with a bad QB situation anyway you cut it.  The D is bad 6 games in and injured.  

The worse part about it is they aren't improving each week.

That offensive line rebuild in dallas is doing wonders. Romo has awesome protection and murray is running wild.

Wilson really had a bad game, guess dallas had their scheme figured out and made him a non factor. I thought dallas secondary was pretty bad?

The Jags were playing rookies at key positions and almost won the game.

I think it's safe to say that next season the Jags will be a step or two ahead of us. They may have their QB and, oh yeah, he's playing NOW and getting experience.

Oh.....and by the way.....we probably will go with Locker. .....again.

And did I mention? We barely won the game? LOL.

The line between good and bad is thin in the NFL. This is why each win and loss is so important.

That being said, we only beat the winless Jaguars today by a blocked kick. Maybe we were reeling from last week, but that doesn't change the fact that our QB situation sucks beyond suck. It doesn't change the fact that our offensive line is the little red hanky the matador waves in front of the bull. Our defense is also a sieve.

And this is a continuance of a number of years of bad drafting and free agent acquisitions.

So yeah, considering the age of parity we live in now, we are every bit as bad as we think we are.

So were the Titans.

Through the first 6 weeks of the season, we are one of the five worst teams in the NFL.

There are 10 games left. 

I hope we are better than most of us think.

But I wouldn't go to Vegas betting on a 6 win season.