Chance Warmack is a bust(it's official)

OILERMAN

You generally give a rookie the benefit of the doubt his rookie season almost no matter how bad he is. Last year he clearly wasn't the can't miss prospect he was labeled but there was still hope he could develop into a quality starting guard.

Forget all that

This guy cannot play. I found myself focused in on him and he was brutally bad. He's been bad all year in fact. He's slow footed and uncoordinated. He gets destroyed by DL with quickness and gets overpowered as well.

The Titans might have the worst guard duo in the entire league, which is comical considering the investment in the position.

In fact this team is bad overall and the OL might be the worst position group on the entire team.

Lewan and Warmack were early 1st round picks, Levitre was the highest paid guard in history, Oher was a big money free agent and Schwenke was drafted extremely high for a center. Roos is also making a large amount of money.

Roos and Lewan are fine but as a unit this OL is pitiful.

This team needs two new guards, amazingly

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My source works with him directly, on non-football matters.. Warmack had very little technique work at Alabama b/c he was so wide and big.. he had very little last year from Matthews.. he's getting th

You generally give a rookie the benefit of the doubt his rookie season almost no matter how bad he is. Last year he clearly wasn't the can't miss prospect he was labeled but there was still hope he co

I'm not even sure what to think of about Schwienke..

I actually think he's probably not very good but gets overshadowed by the two guards. He seems to make his share of bad plays. Maybe with better surrounding guards he'd be more serviceable

The problem is with the number of holes on the team, it's unlikely that we can replace two guards plus multiple positions on defense in the same offseason. We also really need another wide receiver with Washington's contract being up and no depth at the position. 

The number of players that have actually regressed since Wisenhunt took over is alarming to me. 

Not to go OT, but while Webster has made a ton of poor decisions, he and Reinfeldt have actually slowly built a formidable scouting/football admin. structure here and with the pro personnel additions this offseason, the scouting structure is finally up to NFL standards.  We have a number of good scouts/execs in this front office, but Ruston's deference to the coaching staff on most decisions may be his down fall.

Looking back, Floyd Reese's biggest strength may have been his determination to stick with his convictions most of the time over Jeff Fisher's desires. The times he didn't, it came back and bit him in the ass (LenDale White over Devin Hester). There were times when he blatantly ignored Bud Adams and Jeff Fisher and the team benefited from it. 

Edited by tgo

A small majority of posters seem to think Warmack was a Munch pick. If that's true then Webster is an even worse GM then we thought.

Yes either way it is bad, but I guess Munchak, who I never thought was as good of an O-line coach (competent but not great like every says), says he would be a great pick, a bad GM agrees. 

Yeah, fairly alarming how many positions we need to fix.

Be nice to eliminate QB by simply playing a young talent to see if he is the fix or not, but the team seems to not want to do that, at least for a couple more games. 

Locker is to blame for Warmack.  The way he was played last year, and as bad as he always looked passing, you know the team realized and made a decision that it had to hide Locker behind a run oriented offense and that is why the team took took Warmack, thinking he would be a dominate guard and help build a line that could run at will (Webster or Loggains or Munchak or all of them made comments that they wanted to run at will as I recall.) 

Had Locker been even average at passing and showed room for improvement in that area, I doubt Warmack would have been taken where he was by the Titans. 

Edited by 9 Nines

Locker is to blame for Warmack.  The way he was played last year, and as bad as he always looked passing, you know the team realized and made a decision that it had to hide Locker behind a run oriented offense and that is why the team took took Warmack, thinking he would be a dominate guard and help build a line that could run at will (Webster or Loggains or Munchak or all of them made comments that they wanted to run at will as I recall.) 

Had Locker been even average at passing and showed room for improvement in that area, I doubt Warmack would have been taken where he was by the Titans. 

Nah, I doubt that. Our futility at the guard position and Eugene Amano's sorry play are responsible for Warmack. The GM saw a shot to turn a weakness into a strength and it backfired. If anything CJ is more to blame because the thought was that if we fix the line CJ will produce again. There were a lot of factors that contributed to us taking Chance.