Happy thoughts

code

1. I have no doubt Lewan will be effective in his role next season at one of the starting T positions. 

2. Sankey began to look like a legitimate lead back this weekend.

3. Williamson is earning his way past Gooden into the linebacker rotation.

4. Mett is on the horizon giving some hope for a QBOTF being on the roster.

5. Coaching staff remains much improved.

6. Casey was resigned long term and looks like a guy who plans to earn his contract.

7. Morgan is playing as if he wants to stay on, and the guys up front in Pitoutua,Hill and Casey plus the rotational crew with Klug, Woods et all seem to have transitioned pretty effectively in the 3-4.

8. We haven't had any major injuries to date.

9. I thought the offensive line had one of their better games in the past few seasons. Maybe Levitre is getting healthy. Maybe Schwenke and Warmack are growing into their shoes. Maybe Roos is healthy and Oher is better than feared.

10. Delanie Walker continues to be a plus player.

That's all I can do to pump a bit of sunshine into all of our lives. You are most welcome.

This would be an above average team (9-7 type team) with just a QB who could play decent football (e.g. typical NFL backup QB.) If that replacement QB proved effective and consistent, the team would have a real shot at winning the division or being a playoff team. 

This is why it makes no sense having Locker on the field.  It is a slap to the entire team's face. 

Sounds like we are only a decent QB away from being a serious contender.

I absolutely think that's correct.

I think Todd McShay said as much pre-draft this year. Give the Titans a decent QB and they're challenging Indy for the division title.

Archived