Chris Johnson now blames his OCs for his terrible play

OILERMAN

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This isn't about casting blame or pointing fingers;  CJ is simply trying to illustrate how uniquely talented he is.   Your typical "great" players tend to play at a consistently high level, even whe

So, I guess it's finally time for 2,500 yards now that the OC isn't holding him back!

Here's a video of CJ when he used to work at a fast food restaurant:

At the shake machine:

Boss:  "I thought you said you knew what you was doing?"

CJ:  "Well see, what I got experience in is chocolate and vanilla.  You see what I'm saying.  As you can see you got strawberry, raspberry, and blueberry.  I ain't got no experience on berries.  You gotta train me correctly if you want me to do my job."

At the burger-flipping station:

Boss:  "Why couldn't you handle this?"

CJ:  "Well, you see.  You gotta look at the dynamics of this grill.  You see what I'm saying.  This is a flat grill.  You see, I'm used to char-broiled grills.  You see what I'm saying. I'm used to putting black stripes on the hamburgers."

To be as bad as CJ was the last several years, it takes numerous issues.  He sucked and lacked effort, the play calling was predictable, and the OL had issues.  

When someone is a putrid as CJ was, the finger can't just be pointed at one thing.

There have been numerous breakdowns of Chris Johnson leaving yards on the field when the holes were there

The main problem with the running game was CJ and it's by a mile.

He can't count

Further illustrated by his previous comments after the season in which he said he needed more carries like AP and Charles get for their teams.

He had the same number of carries as AP and more carries than Charles(they both had roughly 200 more yards)

He's not just a terrible RB, he's a terrible excuse maker

Of all the positions the RB has to be the least affected by good or bad coaching. Yeah, you get some rare schemes like the Niners who do creative stuff in the run game but by & large everybody does the same thing & calls the same plays. AP got his 2000 with the great Leslie Frazier as his HC & Jammal Charles had Romeo Crennel who was laughably bad. This is a pathetic excuse.

I'm convinced CJ reads this forum.

This is exactly what the village idiots on here were saying even when he broke the NFL record for yards from scrimmage.  Apparently in a year where he had more yards from scrimmage than any other player in NFL history there were people complaining that the play-callers weren't creative enough to let CJ succeed.

That would involve him knowing how to read.

Dinger was decent, but one of the best 2 or 3? Get real.

And no, this is no defense of CJ, even though there may be truth in the message that some on the board don't want to hear just because of the messenger. CJ is still a stupid, self-centered little turd. But our offenses the last few years WERE very predictable, especially under Loggains. I still don't know what Palmer was trying to do, but whatever it was it stunk to high heaven.

FWIW, I would like for those people who think our offenses under Palmer and Loggains were predictable or ineffective to explain why they don't think Ken Whisenhunt's offense will be a big upgrade from theirs.

Decent? Lol, what a joke. Dinger was awesome.

Agreed. CJ is right here, but he's overstating how much of that is responsible for his lack of success. Remember when the Colts had James at RB? They were actually pretty predictable. They ran a lot of off tackle pitches and handoffs. They weren't overly creative. But they executed and it worked really well.

As Oman pointed out, CJ left a lot of yards on the field. Now, he did have poor OL play at times, and he did suffer from bad playcalling. But if he's truly a great RB, then OCs shouldn't have to be supercreative to find ways to get him yards. It should happen because he's a great RB.

Now that he's said he's with an OC that gets him, he better deliver. If he has his 3.2 YPC and puts his team in 3rd and long a lot, then he's run out of excuses. Frankly, he ran out a few years ago, but whatever.

Edited by Alcibiades