So all this talk about mobile QBs...

TitansWycheck89

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

BTW, I watched the replay on NFLN and Wilson was great. The Broncos stone walled the run and they also got a good pass rush. Wilson converted 3rd and long all day and also escaped pressure and still m

Wilson made some clutch throws on 3rd down, and didn't make any mistakes. Sounds like a pretty good game to me.   And since when has the "mobile QBs can't win it all" talk been about whether they ca

Ok, perhaps I was responding to earlier posts.  At one point during the discussion, it was being bandied about that the team was winning in spite of Wilson.  Whatever, the kid played almost flawlessly.  Was he he reason they won?  Maybe not.  But he's a huge reason they hung 43 on the hapless Donkeys.   

Wilson deserved the MVP. He outplayed one of the greatest QBs in history; he committed no errors; and he took exactly what the defense gave him. He made some really nice throws, a few nice runs, and he converted a lot of third downs, keeping Manning on the sideline.

It's been shown that the best way to beat Manning is to have a lot of long drives, which only happen when your QB plays a mistake free type of game. Wilson did everything he was asked to do, and he just led his team to a SB in his second year. Saying the defense was the only reason they won is a pretty myopic view. If he didn't sustain all of those drives, there's no telling if Manning could have found some rhythm. Instead, the defense smothered him early, and the offense stayed on the field for large stints, never allowing Denver to get anything going. Wilson played that game perfectly for the circumstances.

As an aside, I think Seattle played one of the best games in history last night. They were essentially flawless the entire night against an historic offense. I don't think there are bur a few teams in history that could have competed against the Seahawks last night. Carroll deserves a ton of credit for how his team played. They were damn near perfect.

But the point is more Wilson didn't have to be real good. Not that Wilson wasn't good. You could argue that Seattle wins anyway without Harvin. They didn't need his KO return or his nice runs to win this game since everyone else played so well. So Harvin's play wasn't the reason the team won?

Absolutely. No one is saying that Wilson had a bad game. Just that it was such a blowout that they would have won even if he had.

Frankly, I do think that Wilson is a bit overrated. Not a ton, but a bit. He's a pretty good passer, but over the course of the season it's clear that Seattle won based primarily on their D. And the fact that their O is so reliant on their running game, be it Lynch or even Wilson's mobility, Wilson gets a lot more open fields to throw to because of the way defenses scheme against them. The same is true of Kaepernick as well as last year's RG3, so it's not just Wilson.

Wilson deserved the MVP. He outplayed one of the greatest QBs in history; he committed no errors; and he took exactly what the defense gave him. He made some really nice throws, a few nice runs, and he converted a lot of third downs, keeping Manning on the sideline.

It's been shown that the best way to beat Manning is to have a lot of long drives, which only happen when your QB plays a mistake free type of game. Wilson did everything he was asked to do, and he just led his team to a SB in his second year. Saying the defense was the only reason they won is a pretty myopic view. If he didn't sustain all of those drives, there's no telling if Manning could have found some rhythm. Instead, the defense smothered him early, and the offense stayed on the field for large stints, never allowing Denver to get anything going. Wilson played that game perfectly for the circumstances.

As an aside, I think Seattle played one of the best games in history last night. They were essentially flawless the entire night against an historic offense. I don't think there are bur a few teams in history that could have competed against the Seahawks last night. Carroll deserves a ton of credit for how his team played. They were damn near perfect.

I think it's less about him deserving the Superbowl MVP but instead about him deserving way more than a bunch of other QBs who were handed the award by default as the winning QB/not a murder suspect.

I think it's less about him deserving the Superbowl MVP but instead about him deserving way more than a bunch of other QBs who were handed the award by default as the winning QB/not a murder suspect.

It's apparent to most everyone (except scine, wg, and the vol crew) that Russell deserved MVP more than Manning did the year Bob Sanders won it.

It's apparent to most everyone (except scine, wg, and the vol crew) that Russell deserved MVP more than Manning did the year Bob Sanders won it.

The Colts rb deserved it in that superbowl. And that has absolutely nothing to do with Wilson or this discussion.

Keep trolling.

Manning definitely didn't deserve the MVP. He had one good half the entire playoffs. And it certainly wasn't in that game.

I'd have given it to Addai.

Nothing against Malcolm Smith, guy had a good game with 9 tackles along with the pick & fumble recovery, but Cliff Avril was the one who caused the pick 6, he got the pressure & hit his arm, Smith just happened to be standing there. I believe Avril got the pressure on the 1st pick as well, if so, he was probably the real MVP of the game. Though those 2 plays don't show up on the stat sheet for him.