Started by tgo, Jan 22 2014 06:01 PM

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Advertising

tgo
  • tgo
  • Members
  • 2,608 posts

Needed its own thread, as all coaching hires do imo. 

Interesting, we haven't had an asst. WR coach here in decades. 

WG53

Get more work done that way.

NashvilleNinja

DecadeS? As in plural? Not quite. Not yet.

Maybe having as asst wr coach will actually help translate to better coaching, which will hopefully translate to better production on the field.

tgo
  • tgo
  • Members
  • 2,608 posts

DecadeS? As in plural? Not quite. Not yet.

Maybe having as asst wr coach will actually help translate to better coaching, which will hopefully translate to better production on the field.

Yeah, meant the franchise as a whole. Don't think the Oilers had an asst. WR coach in the 90's. Could be wrong, but never seen that anywhere. 

Btowner

Asst. WR coach? I remember when we didn't even have a QB coach. Tommy Boy is spending money.

Soxcat

GREAT HIRE, THE WIZ IS AWESOME, THIS STAFF IS LIGHT YEAR AHEAD OF ANY WE HAVE HAD IN YEAR!!!!

Who is this guy again?

JLocker10

b/c there are so many "big name" assistant WR coaches out there right Sox

Advertising

Soxcat

Not knocking the hire at all and I really don't have a clue about the guy nor do I have an opinion.  I just got caught up in the moment.  

Adams

This tell me that Jefferson is not Whizs guy. He could be replacing Jefferson next season.

scine09

This tell me that Jefferson is not Whizs guy. He could be replacing Jefferson next season.

If Jefferson's wasn't his guy he wouldn't have been brought back. I think Whisenhunt had the authority to hire anyone he pleased.

Adams

If Jefferson's wasn't his guy he wouldn't have been brought back. I think Whisenhunt had the authority to hire anyone he pleased.

Jefferson was retained before we hired a HC.

scine09

Jefferson was retained before we hired a HC.

No he wasn't. Whisenhunt made all those decisions after being hired.

Adams

No he wasn't. Whisenhunt made all those decisions after being hired.

You are correct.  I thought he was retained before the hire.  I stand corrected.  I still don't think it is a vote of confidence that he hired an asst wr coach.

tgo
  • tgo
  • Members
  • 2,608 posts

I'd be really surprised if they don't hire an assistant linebackers coach because of the 3-4 switch. If not, I'd guess that Giff Smith would be working closely with the outside backers as well as the DL. 

Advertising

chef
  • chef
  • Contributor
  • 2,655 posts

I'd be really surprised if they don't hire an assistant linebackers coach because of the 3-4 switch. If not, I'd guess that Giff Smith would be working closely with the outside backers as well as the DL. 

I'm getting things confused with Vandy since both have new coaches and are (probably) switching the teams to the 3-4, but I think the new DC for VU is also coaching the inside LBs.  So could see similar situation with inside/outside LB directed coaches for the Titans.  Never really closely followed a 3-4 team D concept at the coaching level, so not sure how it might play out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users