Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kevin Patullo hired as asst. WR Coach

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Advertising

tgo

tgo

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,943 posts

Needed its own thread, as all coaching hires do imo. 

Interesting, we haven't had an asst. WR coach here in decades. 

WG53

WG53

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,283 posts

Get more work done that way.
The Voice of Reason

NashvilleNinja

NashvilleNinja

Hall Of Famer

• Writer
  • 10,661 posts

DecadeS? As in plural? Not quite. Not yet.

Maybe having as asst wr coach will actually help translate to better coaching, which will hopefully translate to better production on the field.

tgo

tgo

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,943 posts

DecadeS? As in plural? Not quite. Not yet.

Maybe having as asst wr coach will actually help translate to better coaching, which will hopefully translate to better production on the field.

Yeah, meant the franchise as a whole. Don't think the Oilers had an asst. WR coach in the 90's. Could be wrong, but never seen that anywhere. 

Btowner

Btowner

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 737 posts

Asst. WR coach? I remember when we didn't even have a QB coach. Tommy Boy is spending money.

Soxcat

Soxcat

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 8,199 posts

GREAT HIRE, THE WIZ IS AWESOME, THIS STAFF IS LIGHT YEAR AHEAD OF ANY WE HAVE HAD IN YEAR!!!!

Who is this guy again?

Pick Analysis: "Whether it's a medical issue or the diluted sample in Indianapolis, there's a reason why this guy with second-round talent is going in the sixth round. That's immaterial now. Jake Locker has been unsuccessful there. (New head coach) Ken Whisenhunt is inheriting him. He will have less patience with Locker if he struggles. Locker is on a one-year contract that might not be all 16 games. Mettenberger can make all the throws. He has a world of talent and has been in a pro system under Cam Cameron at LSU." -- Charley Casserly

JLocker10

JLocker10

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 11,382 posts

b/c there are so many "big name" assistant WR coaches out there right Sox

I think Kaepernick is fools gold.

Advertising

Soxcat

Soxcat

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 8,199 posts

Not knocking the hire at all and I really don't have a clue about the guy nor do I have an opinion.  I just got caught up in the moment.  

Pick Analysis: "Whether it's a medical issue or the diluted sample in Indianapolis, there's a reason why this guy with second-round talent is going in the sixth round. That's immaterial now. Jake Locker has been unsuccessful there. (New head coach) Ken Whisenhunt is inheriting him. He will have less patience with Locker if he struggles. Locker is on a one-year contract that might not be all 16 games. Mettenberger can make all the throws. He has a world of talent and has been in a pro system under Cam Cameron at LSU." -- Charley Casserly

Adams

Adams

Pro

• Members
  • 397 posts
This tell me that Jefferson is not Whizs guy. He could be replacing Jefferson next season.

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 11,373 posts

This tell me that Jefferson is not Whizs guy. He could be replacing Jefferson next season.

If Jefferson's wasn't his guy he wouldn't have been brought back. I think Whisenhunt had the authority to hire anyone he pleased.

Adams

Adams

Pro

• Members
  • 397 posts

If Jefferson's wasn't his guy he wouldn't have been brought back. I think Whisenhunt had the authority to hire anyone he pleased.

Jefferson was retained before we hired a HC.

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 11,373 posts

Jefferson was retained before we hired a HC.

No he wasn't. Whisenhunt made all those decisions after being hired.

Adams

Adams

Pro

• Members
  • 397 posts

No he wasn't. Whisenhunt made all those decisions after being hired.

You are correct.  I thought he was retained before the hire.  I stand corrected.  I still don't think it is a vote of confidence that he hired an asst wr coach.

tgo

tgo

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,943 posts

I'd be really surprised if they don't hire an assistant linebackers coach because of the 3-4 switch. If not, I'd guess that Giff Smith would be working closely with the outside backers as well as the DL. 

Advertising

chef

chef

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 2,397 posts

I'd be really surprised if they don't hire an assistant linebackers coach because of the 3-4 switch. If not, I'd guess that Giff Smith would be working closely with the outside backers as well as the DL. 

I'm getting things confused with Vandy since both have new coaches and are (probably) switching the teams to the 3-4, but I think the new DC for VU is also coaching the inside LBs.  So could see similar situation with inside/outside LB directed coaches for the Titans.  Never really closely followed a 3-4 team D concept at the coaching level, so not sure how it might play out.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 5,395 posts
Well, Mason at Vandy may be calling the defense like Whiz will call the offense. So it's possible that Vandy's DC will have a bit more free time than most DCs.

That aside, you'd think that between the fact that many of our LBs will be new to a 3-4 as well as the fact that we simply will have more LBs now means we should have an assistant LB coach.

tgo

tgo

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,943 posts
Almost all 3-4 teams have inside and outside LB coaches. With Wiz in Arizona he had a LB coach and asst. LB coach. But Horton had inside and outside guys in Cleveland.

tgo

tgo

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,943 posts

We're still 1 coach short of the number of coaches that were on staff last year even with an assistant WR coach. 

BaddKarma

BaddKarma

Pro

• Members
  • 237 posts

Great, next step to make the guy look good, get a decent QB.

Step 1: Cut a hole in the box; Step 2: Put your junk in that box; Three: Make her open the box, and thats the way we do it!

Take away my guns? Fuck you...

Renfro was in and the NFL knew it...

Limbaugh, Levin, and me; the holy trinity of correct minded thought...

Houston Oilers, Nebraska Cornhuskers, Boston Bruins, Houston Astros

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN BLOG: Free Agency

OILERMAN - Feb 28 2014 09:58 PM

Whisenhunt to Titans (Per Mort)

Cyrus - Jan 13 2014 05:32 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 15

OILERMAN - Dec 19 2013 07:42 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.