The Firing Season

Come on Titans

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1891379-ten-point-stance-mike-freemans-nfl-notebook-heading-into-week-16?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15

"Mike Munchak, Titans: Unfortunately, almost a lock to get fired."

Hmmmmmm....I think it's still up in the air unless we get embarrassed the last 2 games.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If this franchise lets two utterly meaningless wins subject the team to another year of a pointless coaching staff, then failure is deserved.

The idea the last two games against pitiful teams would decide Munchak's fate is ridiculous. They already know what they are going to do with Munchak, and all signs point to him being fired. Smith alr

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in t

nope all the talking heads seem to be saying this.  Munch is walking dead.. Even Golic thinks it and he and Munch are tight..

Link? When did he say this? Not saying I don't believe you; I'm just curious to read it myself. 

Dan Phillips who covers the Titans for Fox...

A few takeaways from #Titans practice/locker room: the team needs to beat both #Jacksonville & #Houston for Mike Munchak to keep his job.

MORE... The players know it. Munchak knows it. I also sense that the #Titans are losing some guys in the locker room. MORE...

Don't be surprised if Bernard Pollard isn't back next year. Too bad, because he's DEFINITELY a media favorite. Best quote since @kbull53!

I do get the sense the #Titans will play hard though. They won't lay down. We'll see.

The idea the last two games against pitiful teams would decide Munchak's fate is ridiculous. They already know what they are going to do with Munchak, and all signs point to him being fired. Smith already said coaching as a lame duck was a problem, is he going to get an extension if he beats Houston and the Jags? No.

They will let Munchak coach the final two games, talk to him after the season, fire him and say a bunch of nice things about him at the end of the process.

In looking across the league I only see 4 jobs that will be open. Houston, Tennessee, Washington and Detroit. There's a lot of potential openings but I don't see Rex Ryan, Dennis Allen, Tom Coughlin, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier, Mike Smith or Greg Schiano losing their jobs.

I would think that the Titans would almost have their pick.

In listening to Chris Mortenson yesterday on ESPN, he said he didn't think MM should lose job if wins out. Seemed to be advocating for him to keep job. Realized Nashville media wants to firing though.