Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Firing Season

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Advertising

Come on Titans

Come on Titans

Pro

• Members
  • 394 posts

http://bleacherrepor...bin&hpt=hp_bn15

"Mike Munchak, Titans: Unfortunately, almost a lock to get fired."

Hmmmmmm....I think it's still up in the air unless we get embarrassed the last 2 games.

tinman

tinman

one heartless bastard

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

nope all the talking heads seem to be saying this.  Munch is walking dead.. Even Golic thinks it and he and Munch are tight..

“Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”
Henry Rollins

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 7,840 posts

nope all the talking heads seem to be saying this.  Munch is walking dead.. Even Golic thinks it and he and Munch are tight..

Link? When did he say this? Not saying I don't believe you; I'm just curious to read it myself. 

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 7,840 posts

Dan Phillips who covers the Titans for Fox...

A few takeaways from #Titans practice/locker room: the team needs to beat both #Jacksonville & #Houston for Mike Munchak to keep his job.

MORE... The players know it. Munchak knows it. I also sense that the #Titans are losing some guys in the locker room. MORE...

Don't be surprised if Bernard Pollard isn't back next year. Too bad, because he's DEFINITELY a media favorite. Best quote since @kbull53!

I do get the sense the #Titans will play hard though. They won't lay down. We'll see.

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

IsntLifeFunny

IsntLifeFunny

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,039 posts
Awesome. Now we can watch Griffin revert back to Michelle.

Stan

Stan

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,533 posts
They better not win

tinman

tinman

one heartless bastard

• Members
  • 5,448 posts

Link? When did he say this? Not saying I don't believe you; I'm just curious to read it myself. 

This morning on Mike and Mike..

“Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize the strength, move on.”
Henry Rollins

Advertising

OzTitan

OzTitan

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,686 posts

POPULAR

If this franchise lets two utterly meaningless wins subject the team to another year of a pointless coaching staff, then failure is deserved.

SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,361 posts

They can play hard, but just don't win.

Done a lot of that lately.

It's about time we hired someone outside of the organization for the first time in forever.

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

Indomitable Titansreport poster

• Moderators
  • 29,347 posts

POPULAR

The idea the last two games against pitiful teams would decide Munchak's fate is ridiculous. They already know what they are going to do with Munchak, and all signs point to him being fired. Smith already said coaching as a lame duck was a problem, is he going to get an extension if he beats Houston and the Jags? No.

They will let Munchak coach the final two games, talk to him after the season, fire him and say a bunch of nice things about him at the end of the process.

“It is not truth that matters, but victory.”

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 10,530 posts

In looking across the league I only see 4 jobs that will be open. Houston, Tennessee, Washington and Detroit. There's a lot of potential openings but I don't see Rex Ryan, Dennis Allen, Tom Coughlin, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier, Mike Smith or Greg Schiano losing their jobs.

I would think that the Titans would almost have their pick.

CMJ

CMJ

The Troll TR Loves to Hate

• Contributor
  • 17,312 posts
Oman was right.
Munchak should have been fired after the offsides call against the Titans in the opening kickoff of the opening preseason game in 2011.

national-football-league-afc-automatical

pamo9

pamo9

Pro

• Members
  • 342 posts

In listening to Chris Mortenson yesterday on ESPN, he said he didn't think MM should lose job if wins out. Seemed to be advocating for him to keep job. Realized Nashville media wants to firing though.

OILERMAN

OILERMAN

Indomitable Titansreport poster

• Moderators
  • 29,347 posts
Well MM beat the pitiful Jags and Texans, we better keep him!

“It is not truth that matters, but victory.”

Advertising

amyinsparta

amyinsparta

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 788 posts

They can play hard, but just don't win.

Done a lot of that lately.

and that is on the coaches. They have to design winning plays; they have to inspire the players to be the best they can be. Do the coaches do that?

oldschool

oldschool

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,215 posts

In looking across the league I only see 4 jobs that will be open. Houston, Tennessee, Washington and Detroit. There's a lot of potential openings but I don't see Rex Ryan, Dennis Allen, Tom Coughlin, Jason Garrett, Leslie Frazier, Mike Smith or Greg Schiano losing their jobs.

I would think that the Titans would almost have their pick.

It's looking more and more likely that Shanny will return to Washington since Snyder called his bluff and stated he wouldn't pay Shanny and his staff 13M for not coaching next year. Allen, Garret, and Frazier are all potential fires as well. Regardless, the Titans will not have their pick of candidates because Webster isn't going to give the new coach much control. I agree with Oman that Webster will likely hire a coordinator that isn't asking for control.

Edited by oldschool, Dec 19 2013 - 10:26 AM.

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 10,530 posts

It's looking more and more likely that Shanny will return to Washington since Snyder called his bluff and stated he wouldn't pay Shanny and his staff 13M for not coaching next year. Allen, Garret, and Frazier are all potential fires as well. Regardless, the Titans will not have their pick of candidates because Webster isn't going to give the new coach much control. I agree with Oman that Webster will likely hire a coordinator that isn't asking for control.

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in the past.

IowaOiler

IowaOiler

Bravo Victor

• Members
  • 3,476 posts

The last time we had a coach with control, were things any better than they are now?

"Iowa was blessed with the richest soil and the highest scores on intelligence tests in the nation.  Hoover expressed his pride in the self-sufficiency of his Iowa ancestors.  They grew, raised, and made virtually everything they used, purchasing little.  Strong and independent, they were also kind, generous, and God-fearing."  From: The Life of Herbert Hoover, by Glen Jeansonne

oldschool

oldschool

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 12,215 posts

The Titans don't need a coach that wants control. You think Jay Gruden, Greg Roman or Ken Whisenhunt would need control? I'd take any of them over some egotistical coach that had inflated success in the past.

There are varying degrees of control. Webster is coming across as more and more of a control freak. The question is that just who he is or is it a result of Munch not being qualified to handle some of the responsibilities? I definitely don't want a coach to have total control butin order to get a good one, they will likely want some input in how the roster is constructed. 

Edited by oldschool, Dec 19 2013 - 11:09 AM.

scine09

scine09

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 10,530 posts

There are varying degrees of control. Webster is coming across as more and more of a control freak. The question is that just who he is or is it a result of Munch not being qualified to handle some of the responsibilities. I definitely don't want a coach to have total control butin order to get a good one, they will likely want some input in how the roster is constructed. 

I don't think that Webster is stupid. He knows that the new coach will have to have some input. I'd assume he won't hire anyone that doesn't share the same philosophies toward how to build a football team. The thing that scares me is that his philosophy may bring on a coach like Brian Schottenheimer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN BLOG: Free Agency

OILERMAN - Feb 28 2014 09:58 PM

Whisenhunt to Titans (Per Mort)

Cyrus - Jan 13 2014 05:32 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 15

OILERMAN - Dec 19 2013 07:42 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 14

OILERMAN - Dec 11 2013 02:40 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 13

OILERMAN - Dec 11 2013 02:41 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.