I may set a new personal record for Overtime

OILERMAN

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you. You're working harder than the Titans.

You should have gotten employee of the month.   But do not despair.  You can always change careers, and with hard work ...  

No need, done...  

• 3 weeks later...

At my new job 12s are apparently pretty regular and friend of mine was talking about a test where he worked 16s for 2 weeks to get a test done. 

I've only had to work 1 12 so far though.

Edited by reo

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

2020 is officially over and I have my OT numbers and it's not really human what I did

I worked slightly over 1450 hours OT for the year. I didn't differentiate between double time and time and a half, I just combined them. 

I averaged just under 68 hours per week for the year. My shortest week was 57 hours. 

I made 16k more in overtime than my annual salary

The Postmaster's boss told me I set the district record, the district is basically the North Texas area from Gainesville to Texarkana to OK

2020, what a great year! 

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Your body is gonna be breaking down before too long

That was almost all walking too, 20+ miles daily. 

I do a pretty good job with recovery and what not but if I continued you'd be right. 

I'm looking forward to a reduced workload and getting back to much more working out. My working out has suffered with the long hours. 

9 minutes ago, Bulluck4dmvp said:

Impressive. Was this working a 5, 6 or 7 day work week?

6 days a week almost every week. Because of Covid I cancelled a few trips and stayed home, on those weeks I worked my day off and Sunday both....

I worked every possible day off for the whole year and about 10 additional Sundays. 

They changed the rules for carrying over leave for 2020 because of Covid so I have to use 7 weeks in 2021. 

7 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

6 days a week almost every week. Because of Covid I cancelled a few trips and stayed home, on those weeks I worked my day off and Sunday both....

I worked every possible day off for the whole year and about 10 additional Sundays. 

They changed the rules for carrying over leave for 2020 because of Covid so I have to use 7 weeks in 2021. 

Sheesh. Did you work the possible days off by choice or was it mandated? Either way, that’s some serious cash and extra time off for 2021 

7 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

2020 is officially over and I have my OT numbers and it's not really human what I did

I worked slightly over 1450 hours OT for the year. I didn't differentiate between double time and time and a half, I just combined them. 

I averaged just under 68 hours per week for the year. My shortest week was 57 hours. 

I made 16k more in overtime than my annual salary

The Postmaster's boss told me I set the district record, the district is basically the North Texas area from Gainesville to Texarkana to OK

2020, what a great year! 

This is why we have a deficit.  Guv'ment spinnin'.