61 members have voted

1. 1. Should Munchak Be Fired?

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me preface this by stating I thought it was time to part ways with Fisher when we did.  I wasn't a Fisher hater, nor was I in love with the guy.  It came to a point though that I didn't realistica

Tommie Smith:   http://www.tennessea...hard-nosed-team   Quote   “I want an extra long cheese coney, a steak sandwich, an order or fries, an order of tater tots and 2 chocolate shakes, and that’

I like Munch personally, but I just think we're mired into being a 6-8 win team for eternity with him.   I actually think a divorce from all things Bud/Fisher would be good for the fanbase.   The

Responding to the opening post.  They when 9-7 and lost to the Colts.  That playoff chance wasn't absurd.  Going into today, had they won, they would have had the sixth seed so that playoff chance wasn't absurd. 

Can his ass.

Edited by WVTITAN

If I'm recalling correctly, didn't the Rooney Rule guy we pretended to be interested in (wasn't it Fewell?) decline coming because it was all but a sure thing Munch was getting the job?  

I think that's what happened, and you have to laugh...that's how phoned in the hire was.

If I'm recalling correctly, didn't the Rooney Rule guy we pretended to be interested in (wasn't it Fewell?) decline coming because it was all but a sure thing Munch was getting the job?  

I think that's what happened, and you have to laugh...that's how phoned in the hire was.

They actually interviewed Dinger for the job and he had one foot in the grave.

Munchak couldn't even name any coaches to build his staff with during the interview.

The only positive I can come up with was he wanted CJ cut, but that was so obvious it's not a big deal.

We lost to two divisional, hapless all-time bad teams when in contention during the second half of the season. We also lost to the Jags last year as well, who were the worst team in the league.

They've improved quite a bit this year, mostly on defense, and the QB can't stay healthy. A QB is the single most important piece of the puzzle and often makes a coach look good or bad. Jake's inability to be depended on is making this offense look worse than it would otherwise be but I'm not certain the "otherwise" part would be good.

I'd give him the rest of the year and barring more like today I'd give him next year... but I am almost always higher that others regarding the value of continuity and time to change/instill a culture on teams and I think coaching turnover is too high. I don't know that I'd be upset if they move on and he'd be on the hot seat early if thing stared slow.

Three less than stellar weeks in a row now.

I'm struggling at finding one thing that Munchak does as a coach that's even considered above average....and that's a problem.

-Sticking with players who repeatedly fail (Reynaud, Britt, and attempting to with Campbell)

-Horrible gametime decisions

-Refusing to fire Gray or bring in a legitimate OC after firing Palmer

-Failing to coach up the one unit that was a strength of his prior to becoming head coach

-Giving the term "Any given Sunday" it's truest meaning.  The Titans under Munchak can lose to any team in the league - regardless of how awful they are.  All of us are so concerned about playoffs, but what kind of effect would a team that loses to todays Jaguars and the 2011 Colts have if the stars did align and we somehow snuck in?  One and done would be a generous, flattering statement for expectations.

I mean, outside of being fairly straightforward during pressers and interviews....what does he do that would even get a passable grade?

Edited by Mercalius