Jake Locker Asked for Hunter to Play Instead of Britt

big2033

According to Rotoworld:

Titans OC Dowell Loggains suggested Justin Hunter may play more at the expense of Kenny Britt going forward.

Ex-Rotoworld superstar Chris Wesseling has deemed Britt the NFL's worst player through three weeks. "We have a lot of faith in Justin," said Loggains. "Justin is going to be an extremely special player." As the rumor goes -- and it was essentially confirmed by Loggains -- Jake Locker personally asked for the Titans to bench Britt for Hunter on the Titans' Week 3 game-winning drive. Hunter answered the bell with a 34-yard touchdown catch.

Yeah, taken way out of context based on what we know.

He MAY have asked they bench Britt but both he and Loggains said he asked for Hunter to be out there.

Really taken out of context and I would go as far to say that was an embellishment by RotoWorld. During Locker's press conference, he mentioned Hunter's leaping ability and coming down with jump balls was his specialty. They drafted Hunter to make plays on the ball.  I bet Hunter out jumps our DBs in practice all the time.

So, could it simply be that after watching Hopkins jumping over our DBs last week, they wanted  to try the same thing with Hunter? So they ran a play where all WRs went vertical and gave Hunter a chance to make a play? We did to the Chargers what Houston did to us last week.

As a team leader, I doubt Locker would start a locker room feud with Britt by requesting a rookie replace him and then mentioning it publicly.

Edited by Btowner

I somewhat agree. I mean, I just post it, didn't put my opinion on it. However, Hunter will play Britt's spot when he comes in, and if Locker is advocating for Hunter that much now...

Let me add that the team should listen. The Titans are trying to calm Locker down, any receiver he's confident in should be on the field.

Edited by big2033

They took that whole thing out of context. Locker asked for Hunter to be in there. He did NOT ask for Britt to be benched.

As bad as Britt has played, Jake is smarter than to disparage him in public, Loggains too. I wanted Hunter to play the first game. I could just see him making a pay like that against the Steelers. This is better, but teams will have an eye on him now.

Somebody's trying to fan the flames of Britt's trash can fire and spread it into Locker's area. Locker requesting that Hunter be on the field says more about Hunter than it does Britt. The coaches are the ones who held Britt out, not Locker. If they thought Britt would've made a difference on that drive he would've been out there. The guy's squash was mush at that point... anyone with half a brain and at least one working eyeball could see that.

After the first target hunter had and tried to use his body, Kendall wright told him he cant let the ball come to him, he has to go up at the highest point to get it

Hunter could have made a better attempt on that catch, but when you watch the replay Weddle is essentially holding Hunters upper arm to his body. Absolutely a missed PI.