What has made the biggest impact for 2016?
1) Amy Adams - I give her a ton of credit, she knocked a home run with the Jrob hire. Even though many of us loath the HC choice, it does appear to be working out pretty well and was arguable the best option. If Tommy boy was in the drivers seat, would he have made the same choices? Most likely not.
2) Jrob - Trade for Murray. Get an additional 1st round pick for 2017. Cut a lot of dead weight (DGB, DMC, Hunter, Sankey, Sensabaugh and many more) Added a ton of talent thru the draft. Moved up to get Conklin. Even the haters cannot argue that a vast majority of his moves have been home runs.
3) Mularkey - The wrong hire would have set us back an additional 2-3 years and could have ruined Mariota's development. Hindsight is always 20/20 and I personally would not prefer anyone that was on the market over Mularkey. He has given the team continuity and an identity. The team seems to buys into his mentality and respect him. Without Mularkey we probably would not have DLB, Robiske, and Russ Grimm.
4) Mariota - Even when he is playing badly, he is head and shoulders above what we have had all the way back to McNair's MVP season. If he continues on his upward arch, he will surpass Moon as the best quarterback the Titans have EVER had.
5) Murray - He has been the best off-season addition and is arguably the teams MVP. Without a dominate run game, many of the things we do on offense would be shut down. PA, Option reads, and even the passing game all are much improved because teams have to respect his running ability.
6) Walker - He gets amped for every game and that has to be contagious. He is our top receiver and one of our most consistent players for years.
7) Offensive line - From one of the worst to one of the best in one season and with quality depth. Without the improvement on the O-Line, would we be talking about how good ANY the above have done this year?
My vote goes to the O-Line. I give credit to AAS for hiring Jrob, and to Jrob for putting all the pieces in place, but at the end of the day it's about the execution. The O-line has far exceeded my expectations. They are the reason teams have to respect the run game and they have kept Marcus clean and given him time to get passes down field.